Target to Improve Gun Skills

twyn1

I would love to see a target that you could use to improve your gun skill levels -- maybe something you could craft. Especially for the revolver.

I just don't enjoy killing so many Rabbits (and now Ptarmigans) just to get my revolver skill up to 5 while the meat and hides/feathers go to waste. And I'm not a great shot, so a lot of the ammo is wasted with no reward at all.  But, as a completionist, I try to max out as much as I can on a long run.

I know you can practice with arrows on the target by the red barn in PV, but I don't think it ups your skill level at all. 

The tradeoff, of course, would be using up the ammo with no food reward, but with the ammo bench, that can be counterbalanced.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2024 at 4:36 PM, twyn1 said:

I would love to see a target that you could use to improve your gun skill levels -- maybe something you could craft. Especially for the revolver.

I just don't enjoy killing so many Rabbits (and now Ptarmigans) just to get my revolver skill up to 5 while the meat and hides/feathers go to waste. And I'm not a great shot, so a lot of the ammo is wasted with no reward at all.  But, as a completionist, I try to max out as much as I can on a long run.

I know you can practice with arrows on the target by the red barn in PV, but I don't think it ups your skill level at all. 

The tradeoff, of course, would be using up the ammo with no food reward, but with the ammo bench, that can be counterbalanced.

Not a bad idea, but could be hard to implement (what's to stop us from being 2 feet from target and blazing away?).
Could always empty the cylinder on a deer ;) 

• Upvote 1

Maybe compensate by having less books would be fairer..    I hate killing bunnies but if i do I use fire hardened arrows now... Deer are the only animal I would use the revolver on if I needed any... They're too flighty to waste arrows and rifle ammo on.

• Upvote 1