Heat buffer

Semple Fi

Unsure. The thing is it also causes sweat, which cools you down after. Perhaps have your clothes get wet, too. (slower rate than in a snowfall)

It's why layering is so important when surviving in the cold IRL. Sweat-dampened clothes is a major enemy which leads to freezing.

• Upvote 1

Yes IRL it makes a very large difference....I think there is a difference in this game but it's so little you don't notice and it may not apply in most circumstances that make sense. I know I mention it a lot but a game like project zomboid gets this right. It just feels natural in zomboid. You get hot and sweaty if you work hard in that game. When zomboid is finally finished it's probably going to be pretty great.

• Upvote 1

In zomboid working hard increases your temperature. If your temperature is too high you start to sweat. If you're cold you don't sweat. Sweating is an independent event from working out but they are connected by body temperature.

This seems to be a problem with TLD, there isn't an overall system that works with the game. Everything is a buff or debuff that exists outside of everything else. Anytime you're outside of a set parameter you take damage to try to simulate something bad.

Too cold? Damage, hypothermia isn't a thing.
Dry mouth because you slept for 9 hours without waking up for a drink break? Damage, dehydration isn't a thing.
Didn't eat for 12 hours? Damage, player weight isn't a thing that exists.

In TLD, a character that wakes up from a 12 hours sleep while being surrounded by roaring fires could step outside in light clothing and start taking massive damage because they're slightly hungry, slightly thirsty, and in a cool environment. The reality would be that person is perfectly fine and trying to cool down from being surrounded by way too much fire.

Anyways I think this ship sailed a long time ago. TLD will remain as it is, and it should too. Just finish the game, polish it up some, then put it to rest.

Maybe their next game can have a better way of doing things.

• Upvote 1