ski's

xxfinebeanzxx

back in WW2, the Finnish army used skis to move quickly throughout the battlefield why not do the same and gain a speed buff? Do you have to move a lotta loot from one base to another? don't worry about the weight dragging you down and leaving you defenseless against wolves, skis would most likely spawn in mountainous areas and high altitude places. NYOM!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

back in WW2, the Finnish army used skis to move quickly throughout the battlefield why not do the same and gain a speed buff? Do you have to move a lotta loot from one base to another? don't worry about the weight dragging you down and leaving you defenseless against wolves, skis would most likely spawn in mountainous areas and high altitude places. NYOM!

And you'd finally have an actual reason to wear those awful ski boots too!  😜

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Kranium said:

Those are downhill ski boots. Cross country skis are where it's at, for The Long Dark.

I live in very rural BC, and skis are very common here. Best way to get around the back country under your own muscle power. Here's my trusty pair:

Madshus skis.jpg

yea seems the Finnish used something akin to cross-country skis so those are most likely the best ones to use

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Add an achievement - Ski from the top of TWM to Mountaineer's Hut in less than 5 minutes!

If you take the goat path down from near the cave that's more than possible I reckon..

8 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

that would be cool for the hilly areas but for more just getting around like kranium the cross-country skis would be best

of course, however, the skis will most likely tire you faster as pushing your weight oughta be harder than just walking but this could stop the slowing down with more weight, it could work kinda like climbing in the game.

• Upvote 1