No Sleep While Bleeding

JayEnfield

Just now, odizzido said:

Yeah it sounds decent. It would be nice to have some indication of how long you can sleep without dying of dehydration too. Adding that in would make the game nicer to play so I wouldn't have to figure out the max duration of sleep.

Eh, I just assume 8 hours when full, then guess off that 🤷‍♂️

On 10/29/2023 at 10:58 PM, Third Try said:

I lost my longest stalker run this way.  At least notify me when I try to sleep while bleeding, please.  I do not really think this is handholding a player, this is just preventing death from a really easily avoidable thing, it's just that it's not easy to remember sometimes.  I don't know, but I don't think it would ruin anything because it would only interupt very rarely (only once in my case) 😄

And, alright, I'll admit that it is handholding, but I very much do like this idea:

On 11/27/2023 at 10:25 AM, xanna said:

I can imagine a thing where icons for any afflictions you have flash up on the sleep menu. A bit like how your food and water meters show up when you're eating or drinking. And you still could sleep, but at least you're being shown your afflictions right as you're ready to hit 'sleep'.

My character bled to death in sleep as well. It sucked. It was after two subsequent wolf attacks. I remember that in the second attack, there was no bleeding warning. But at that point I forgot about the first attack, which happened 10 seconds ago. Went to sleep and never woke again. It was hard, but it was my mistake. All my characters died because of my mistakes like climbing down to a ravine without sleeping bag and trying to get up exhausted. Walking in blizard, getting lost and died of cold, not beeing able to find place to start a fire. It is tough, but it makes TLD the game it is. I like it.

Every character death taught me something. Now I check my charactect after every struggle. I dont go places without escape plan etc. Lately I almost got an infection. Wolfes in the Zone of Contamination are brute. I ran of desinfection. So I thought that I find some. Then I forgot about it. Almost went to sleep with 90% of infection risk. Oh my the frantic search for any disinfectant at night was... I will not forget it.

• Upvote 2

On 12/14/2023 at 8:40 AM, acada said:

My character bled to death in sleep as well. It sucked. It was after two subsequent wolf attacks. I remember that in the second attack, there was no bleeding warning. But at that point I forgot about the first attack, which happened 10 seconds ago. Went to sleep and never woke again. It was hard, but it was my mistake. All my characters died because of my mistakes like climbing down to a ravine without sleeping bag and trying to get up exhausted. Walking in blizard, getting lost and died of cold, not beeing able to find place to start a fire. It is tough, but it makes TLD the game it is. I like it.

Every character death taught me something. Now I check my charactect after every struggle. I dont go places without escape plan etc. Lately I almost got an infection. Wolfes in the Zone of Contamination are brute. I ran of desinfection. So I thought that I find some. Then I forgot about it. Almost went to sleep with 90% of infection risk. Oh my the frantic search for any disinfectant at night was... I will not forget it.

I very much prefer that the difficulty be in the mechanics of the game, not in what feels like a UI deficiency. I can find PLENTY of ways to get my guy un-alived through the mechanics of the game, don't you worry. :D