Challenge Badges/Feats...

SlippedGear

For finishing the Darkwalker challenge, there is both a positive/negative effect feat - You are less Fatigued at night, but more Fatigued during the day.

I think it would be nice to have all the challenges open up some interesting positive/negative feats, like (these are just suggestions and would be for the regular survival game using the feats slots):

Whiteout - You find more items in containers but have less backpack space (lower weight limit) to carry the items you find.

The Hunted Part 1 - You have increased stamina for running/climbing but after the normal stamina meter is empty, you deplete your condition.

The Hunted Part 2 - You have increased skill bonus to stones, bow, rifle, and pistol accuracy but you have a significant loss of stamina for running/climbing.

The Hunted Part 3 - You and your clothing are less susceptible to animal attacks but more susceptible to weather and fall damage

Hopeless Rescue - Your will to live is damaged, and you lose condition faster but normal food items (not recipe items as they have their own separate effects) restore a small amount of condition on consumption.

Nomad Challenge - You are less susceptible to Cabin Fever but more susceptible to the cold temperatures outdoors.

As The Dead Sleep - You are at peace with the inevitable, so your condition drops significantly slower but is much harder to restore as stims and teas restore very little condition.

Tales: Signal Void - You can activate the glimmer fog effect at any time anywhere but get the insomnia effect interfering with condition recovery for much longer.

I know for those who do not use feats, this would make no difference to them. This would incentivize some players to complete the challenges for the additional feats.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

While I like the idea, your suggestions are too over-powered. 
And all the fears we currently unlock don't fundamentally change the way the game is played, they simply make it a little be easier. Especially "restore condition when you eat food", that is way too strong 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SpanishMoss said:

While I like the idea, your suggestions are too over-powered. 
And all the feats we currently unlock don't fundamentally change the way the game is played, they simply make it a little be easier. Especially "restore condition when you eat food", that is way too strong 

As I mentioned, these are just suggestions. If you have any other ideas, please post them. Since these would only be for use in the feats slots they would obviously be totally optional. Restore condition when you eat food could be limited to very small gains, and would be limited by being full, as you cannot eat more after you are full. I am also not sure how much more overpowered it would make the game compared to what Pilgrim difficulty with 5 active feats already does. These feats could be balanced against themselves with the negative balancing the positive so they aren't overpowered. Overpowered also doesn't really matter that much in a single player game like this anyway, since on PC there is access to console commands that enable you to do almost anything including flying and health restoration.

• Upvote 2

Ok I've got some more balanced feat ideas that are in line with the games' current feats

The Hunted, Part 1:

Hardened - You have survived the worst nature has to throw at you. Gain a permanent +4% Protection, but struggles will be harder to win.

The Hunted, Part 2: 

Hunter - You have perfected your craft at hunting animals in this new world. Reduce Bow and Rifle sway by 10%, but decrease aim time by 10%.

Nomad:

Inevitable - The world is changing, but it doesn't have to do so as fast. All items decay slower. Except for food, which decays faster. 

Whiteout:

Windswept - The relentless wind is somehow comforting. Gain permanent +1.5C bonus wind protection, but the wind is more likely to blow out fire.

• Upvote 1

On 8/17/2023 at 1:48 PM, SlippedGear said:

For finishing the Darkwalker challenge, there is both a positive/negative effect feat - You are less Fatigued at night, but more Fatigued during the day.

I think it would be nice to have all the challenges open up some interesting positive/negative feats, like (these are just suggestions and would be for the regular survival game using the feats slots):

Whiteout - You find more items in containers but have less backpack space (lower weight limit) to carry the items you find.

The Hunted Part 1 - You have increased stamina for running/climbing but after the normal stamina meter is empty, you deplete your condition.

The Hunted Part 2 - You have increased skill bonus to stones, bow, rifle, and pistol accuracy but you have a significant loss of stamina for running/climbing.

The Hunted Part 3 - You and your clothing are less susceptible to animal attacks but more susceptible to weather and fall damage

Hopeless Rescue - Your will to live is damaged, and you lose condition faster but normal food items (not recipe items as they have their own separate effects) restore a small amount of condition on consumption.

Nomad Challenge - You are less susceptible to Cabin Fever but more susceptible to the cold temperatures outdoors.

As The Dead Sleep - You are at peace with the inevitable, so your condition drops significantly slower but is much harder to restore as stims and teas restore very little condition.

Tales: Signal Void - You can activate the glimmer fog effect at any time anywhere but get the insomnia effect interfering with condition recovery for much longer.

I know for those who do not use feats, this would make no difference to them. This would incentivize some players to complete the challenges for the additional feats.

Thank you for your suggestions! 

Got a couple more

Hopeless Rescue

Climber - Your hopeless journey has given you a unique haste. Climb up ropes faster, but down them slower.

As The Dead Sleep

Deadman - You've come to terms with your fate, but refuse to give up. Condition restored from sleep is greater, but condition gained from all other sources is reduced.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SpanishMoss said:

Got a couple more

Hopeless Rescue

Climber - Your hopeless journey has given you a unique haste. Climb up ropes faster, but down them slower.

As The Dead Sleep

Deadman - You've come to terms with your fate, but refuse to give up. Condition restored from sleep is greater, but condition gained from all other sources is reduced.

Thank you for adding to the discussion. 😄 I appreciate your suggestions.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...