Once upon a time at Mystery Lake - Comic strip of my adventure

Good morning ;)
Its been a while I experienced this, but I could not stop thinking about this so I paid an artist to draw a comic strip for me.

It was saturday morning, I resumed my journey on The Long Dark with a coffee while everyone else at home was sleeping.
I was walking for the houses on the sea on mystery lake when I saw a bear coming. So I decided to spend the night in the cabin, hoping he will walk away during the night. Next morning I left the cabin sneaking, looked right, looked left - and could not see a bear. GREAT!
I moved 3 steps forward just to walk right in to the ass of him because he just spawned instant infront of me. I was so shocked I screamed the whole shit out of me and ran away and the hole family gets awake ^^

It was a lot of fun to communicate with the artist, to tell the story and talk about a lot of details. I will do a print version of this for my computer edge in my room. Will never forget this moment :)
Now take a look of what
Pen (@penguinlove on Fiverr) created:

202308121102_1-1.png

• Upvote 3
  • Like 6

On 8/13/2023 at 12:30 AM, Himbraut said:

Good morning ;)
Its been a while I experienced this, but I could not stop thinking about this so I paid an artist to draw a comic strip for me.

It was saturday morning, I resumed my journey on The Long Dark with a coffee while everyone else at home was sleeping.
I was walking for the houses on the sea on mystery lake when I saw a bear coming. So I decided to spend the night in the cabin, hoping he will walk away during the night. Next morning I left the cabin sneaking, looked right, looked left - and could not see a bear. GREAT!
I moved 3 steps forward just to walk right in to the ass of him because he just spawned instant infront of me. I was so shocked I screamed the whole shit out of me and ran away and the hole family gets awake ^^

It was a lot of fun to communicate with the artist, to tell the story and talk about a lot of details. I will do a print version of this for my computer edge in my room. Will never forget this moment :)
Now take a look of what
Pen (@penguinlove on Fiverr) created:

202308121102_1-1.png

Thank you for posting! 

Well Hinterland,

its saturday - I started the day with continue recording TLD for youtube. Same position, same bear, same thing happened. This instant bear drives me crazy but today I did it without screaming and waking other ones up ❤️

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:26 AM, Himbraut said:

Well Hinterland,

its saturday - I started the day with continue recording TLD for youtube. Same position, same bear, same thing happened. This instant bear drives me crazy but today I did it without screaming and waking other ones up ❤️

We'll consider that a "win"! (Hopefully you have better luck with bears in the future!) 

• Upvote 1