Series X | Saplings and pelts dont get dry on some location

niche2k

I encountered this serval times now. I lay down some birchsapling and wolf pelts in the bunker of the Forlorn Muskeg. After 16 days coming back from Bleak Inlet i saw that the sapling didnt get dry and the wolf pelt are runied. The same happens in the basement of the ruined house on the transitzone Crumbling Highway. Did someone had that issues too? I did a Bug Report.
I playing on Xbox Series X, survial mode on stalker. 

1.thumb.png.89623a8e99790ed729da53bcb7e08708.png4.thumb.png.cfbe62ebac2b080bda04cb57891f771f.png

• 3 months later...

I recently ran into a similar thing in the Foreman's Clearcut trailer in Blackrock.  A deer hide and two guts were ruined with their cured state at 11%.  Leaving them there and doing something else to return in a day (I thought maybe my entering the trailer would trigger something) their cured state remained static at 11%. 

I took the hide and one gut from the trailer and dropped the gut in the cave to Timberwolf and the hide at the Bricklayer's Retreat.  At Bricklayer's I had a deer  hide and guts already curing and when I dropped the ruined deer hide from the trailer I soon found that it had started to cure as well.  I assume the gut in the cave may  have started to cure or maybe I need to drop something that to cure to get it to start curing.  I don't know as I didn't check.  

Timberwolves got a couple of does near the trailer and, after I dropped the hides and guts in the trailer to cure, the ruined gut (I left as a control) started to cure as well.  

I would suggest that bringing an item that can cure into that prepper cache might kickstart the game into causing the ruined hides there to start to cure.  Ruined hides can still be used for crafting though I would not put them in containers as they might disappear per the usual rule.  

Good luck (even though your post was several months ago).