About blizzards frequency

CarlaRis

I am at the bottom of Ash Canyon. Day 108. Stalker mode. Waiting for the aurora, holding a junk with antenna in my hand.

I've been suffering constant foggy blizzards for three days and nights, one after another, just with an in-game hour of quiet weather in between. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm starting to feel like the game is just trying to get me trapped in a blizzard and kill me by all means. Does the blizzard frequency relies on any RNG? Adaptive difficulty? Some kind of time trigger? Is it normal for a Stalker Mode this inclement weather or should I reset my run? And the Aurora doesn't come yet.

Thanks in advance.

I think that it's partly the stalker settings and rng...  And you're being incredibly unlucky with it..   personally I'd leave the area and then go back in after a day or two..   

Ash does get a lot of murky fog  ,even on pilgrim it always seems hazy.

• Upvote 2

I´ve come back to T M and things are becoming worst. I can count five blizzards in 48 h. or less. It´s really cheap: blizzards spawn.

This isn't even a survival game, not after you get a 30º warmth bonus, which is easy. Therefore, it becomes an adventure and exploration game. So why annoy the player by throwing one blizzard after another. Let him/her to explore.

Doesn't matter. It's as easy as stop playing. Maybe some day they will be able to balance TLD.

It does seem a bit out of balance.. I've seen loper videos where they just get blizzards on top of each other...then of course that's when cabin fever sets in ...   I think it tries to force you to go out between blizzards , usually when it's dark or an aurora .   

Having said that I still think that's too many ..   

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2023 at 12:41 PM, CarlaRis said:

I am at the bottom of Ash Canyon. Day 108. Stalker mode. Waiting for the aurora, holding a junk with antenna in my hand.

I've been suffering constant foggy blizzards for three days and nights, one after another, just with an in-game hour of quiet weather in between. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm starting to feel like the game is just trying to get me trapped in a blizzard and kill me by all means. Does the blizzard frequency relies on any RNG? Adaptive difficulty? Some kind of time trigger? Is it normal for a Stalker Mode this inclement weather or should I reset my run? And the Aurora doesn't come yet.

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes i feel like the game wants to kill me - especially when im low on HP. All sorts of things happen - blizzard out from nowhere, wolf that i didnt hear just by the corner and so on. 

On 7/28/2023 at 6:01 PM, Leeanda said:

I've seen loper videos where they just get blizzards on top of each other..

From my personal experience in over 3000 days on interloper stat wise the Blizzard on this difficulty happens every other day. Sometimes i had 3, even 4 blizzards in a row with some of them lasting for over 15 hours. That beeing said in statistic its still one blizzard every other day - So on my 1300 day run i had ~650 blizzards. It seems to be the same on my other long runs the ratio is about 1:2 , more on NOGOA. My longest NOGOA run was 90 days - stopped because i got back from Ash canyon and Blackrock with the vest and settled in Coastal higway so the run was conquered and successful. I could live indefinately after this. Have to look in the screens for the blizzard statistic but i doubt that its way more - the blizzards on NOGOA are just more severe and the wind direction changes like crazy. 

On 7/28/2023 at 3:42 PM, CarlaRis said:

This isn't even a survival game, not after you get a 30º warmth bonus, which is easy. Therefore, it becomes an adventure and exploration game. So why annoy the player by throwing one blizzard after another. Let him/her to explore.

If you want a survival experience you should start from Interloper difficulty or if its still not enough go above and play NOGOA difficulty (custom mode code 8sHM-/z8P-Dz+3-QZym-XQIC )- Im sure You will get the ULTIMATE survival experience then. 

• Upvote 1

I've done extensive testing to see if I can "trigger" a blizzard intentionally, and while I did appear to have some initial success, repeated efforts have revealed that to have been simple confirmation bias.

It's entirely random. You just rolled bad dice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

It's entirely random. You just rolled bad dice.

That is 100% correct. The simple way i've tested it : I left an interior and after i walked for some time a blizzard started. It was about 5 minutes after i left the base. When this happened i reloaded the game and left the interior again watching the time. Did this about 20 times and sometimes the blizzard hit after the mentioned 5 minutes but in most cases it didnt so its totally random it seems. 

• Upvote 1