A slight Fishstake 🤔

I thought it was me. I thought I was going crazy. Where did the rainbow trout go?! I thought,  none in mystery, none in Milton none at the pensive pond… something is wrong it must be, the new recipes need trout 🤔🤔

ANSWER: Something bugged and mislabeled the rainbow trout as a saltwater fish! 
fyi @Admin 🤭

I’ll let you  know next time I fish 

1 hour ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Enigmaecho just curious are you on pc steam? Or anyone here on pc steam? Can you guys cancel fishing while fishing?

Im still experiencing this bug and I’m trying to do my own testing as Hinterland is obviously quite busy.

‘Cheers peeps

On 7/19/2023 at 1:23 AM, ajb1978 said:

Rainbow trout can survive in both fresh and saltwater. They're actually pretty invasive.

yes but they are known as being a freshwater steelheads are more known for saltwater, but that is besides the point slightly, correct me if I’m wrong but they have always been freshwater since launch? So I’m just wondering if this was a file bug or intentional change with the fishing/cooking update 

15 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

yes but they are known as being a freshwater steelheads are more known for saltwater, but that is besides the point slightly, correct me if I’m wrong but they have always been freshwater since launch? So I’m just wondering if this was a file bug or intentional change with the fishing/cooking update 

Well in the terms of this game, they are saltwater only. You may find freshwater fish in coastal regions on the ground via beachcombing, but if you actually pulled a rainbow trout out of a freshwater region's ice hole, like Mystery Lake, then yeah that's totally a glitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajb1978 said:

Well in the terms of this game, they are saltwater only. You may find freshwater fish in coastal regions on the ground via beachcombing, but if you actually pulled a rainbow trout out of a freshwater region's ice hole, like Mystery Lake, then yeah that's totally a glitch.

🤔 dang I swore I’ve always fished rainbow trout from the inland spots well guess this post is irrelevant 😂