Signal Void - Final Bunker - Help Needed (SPOILIERS)

**Spoilers ahead!**

So, I'm happily on my way to the final bunker in Forsaken Airfield. I saw the note on the wiki that it only pickups up the signal near the entrance to the region, so I trekked back to the Far Range, and camped out for a few days then re-entered the region during an aurora. Right at the entrance I picked up the signal for the final bunker. But after a short time walking farther into the region, the signal vanished again, although the aurora was still strong (and the radio was still lit up).

Is this still part of the glitch, or does the signal disappear if you're too far from the target location? I hadn't even made it to the first car along the road from the entrance.

I know the general area that the bunker will be in. Do I need to go all the way along the round, around the bottom mountain range, then back into the lower elevation part of the region to then pick up the signal again? Or, should the radio pick up a signal no matter where I am in the region and point me in the correct direction?

(I had luck with the other regions and was never more than half a map away from them when first pulling out the radio, so never had a radio fail to give a direction.)

TL;DR - does the final bunker only ping the radio if you are close enough to it, once you've picked up the signal at least once? Ie does walking too far "left/west" on the online maps make you loose the signal?

Thanks!

Edited by Sherri

2 hours ago, Sherri said:

Do I need to go all the way along the round, around the bottom mountain range, then back into the lower elevation part of the region to then pick up the signal again?

The signal will come back once you get closer (again... since I think the road leads you farther away, after being "closer", if that makes any sense).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

The signal will come back once you get closer (again... since I think the road leads you farther away, after being "closer", if that makes any sense).

Yup, makes sense. Thank you!