A few small suggestions for vehicles

Stranzua

1. There was 1 vehicle in my entire 700-day Voyager playthrough that allowed me to turn 360 degrees after getting in it, and if I remember correctly, it was in Blackrock......somewhere. Personally, I love the idea of being able to completely survey my surroundings while taking refuge in a vehicle, especially if I was running from a bear, wolves, or Timberwolves.

2. Put items in more places inside vehicles like the back dash, the pockets behind the front seats, underneath the seats, and in the pockets on doors.

3. Add the ability to use car horns, activate car alarms, or turn on headlights when an aurora occurs. Honestly, I didn't really think this one through, but if going out into an aurora is going to be expanded upon in the future, then maybe we can have a few more ways to either frighten or distract predators during an aurora. 

• Upvote 3

This might be out of place, but what if shooting a car during an Aurora made its alarm go off?

Not quite useful for weapons that make noise, but if you throw a stone or shoot an arrow at it, there'd be a chance it'd still go off.

This would fail the "silent apocalypse" achievement, though.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure I got this idea from Days Gone. If you saw the little red light flashing then it can either be used as a distraction, or if you weren't paying attention and started looting it, then the alarm would go off and attract a horde. In TLD the flashlight is the only way to fend off predators during an aurora, but they just stand there. They don't even run away. If they are going to add the cougar and even more predators, then we can use a few more ways to fend them off.

Adding car alarms could be used as a distraction if the predators are close, but they can also attract predators if you start looting it without disabling it first.

They can also improve the vehicles too. For example, give the Blackrock vehicles sirens and spotlights. Replace a few vehicles across the island with cop cars that also have sirens and spotlights. Give some vehicles a sun roof to allow us to shoot a gun or throw rocks while inside a vehicle. They don't have to be all over the place, but a few in strategic locations would be nice.

This would also be even better if they eventually had the glimmer fog spread across the whole island. This way we can occasionally use these distractions during the day and not just during an aurora.

Only issue with car alarms and horns: Aurora just aren't that common. I find myself usually sleeping through them or just spending time reading indoors when they happen, so I don't think this mechanic would come into play often at all. Maybe other people play the aurora differently, but I don't think this would be a mechanic that sees significant use, much like how the flashlight is kind of a useless item to carry around.

8 hours ago, Stranzua said:

In TLD the flashlight is the only way to fend off predators during an aurora, but they just stand there.

They will run off... Once you have them in your bright light you have to charge them, keeping your light on them. After a second or 2 at petting distance they run away. Only way I made it through signal void.

Does that always work? I've only encountered a few wolves during an aurora, and I didn't dare trying anything too risky on survival. I tried fiddling with the flashlight during the archivist challenge and I almost died by the radio tower in Forlorn Muskeg. I tried dropping the flashlight to aim a stone but it just attacked me instantly. Honestly, I feel like the bright light should scare them off because they don't run far, and it drains the flashlight so fast.