My character changed gender.

I'm on day 25 of a new run.  Game has been running normally, no bugs/issues but suddenly I am Will not Astrid.

Yes I am absolutely 100% sure I have been hearing Jennifer Hale complain she's never been so cold in her life until.... I think Day 23??? I'm not sure when the change happened.
I'm on Timberwolf Mountain. It happened within the last 2 hours... I thought I heard a weird noise (Will panting) but I also had Netflix on. 

Ever heard of this? Can I get Astrid back? I like the voice better. 
And by better I mean I really dislike the male voice and this the start of an explore the whole world run........
I'm in Voyageur mode, nothing custom and no mods, not even installed, I don't use them.

Edited by stapeliad
added more info
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stapeliad said:

oh thank you, i scanned the list of known issues and didn't see it.
ugh what a bummer.  
Honestly this should be switchable in the options at all times.

I think it's the more gamebreaking ones that get put on the list..   but wills moaning is enough sometimes to make you want to throw him off a cliff

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stapeliad said:

I have to look for that setting to turn off character narration because I cannot play and hear Will. Nope.

Would you mind sharing your savegame? I want to poke around if I can find the cause and maybe fix it for you while at it.

12 minutes ago, stapeliad said:

@Digitalzombie  sure how do I do that?

You can find your savegames in C:\Users\*YourWindowsUser*\AppData\Local\Hinterland\TheLongDark\Survival
Just make sure to pick the right one, according to your savegame "slot" ingame.

Then you need to upload that file somewhere and send me the link. googledrive for example.

Quick update on this issue...
1) Thanks to Digitalzombie who loaded up my savegame and immediately gave me dysentery. :D This is definitely a bug on Hinterland's side.

2) My character turns back into Astrid if I exit to the survival load screen and re-launch.  I don't need to fully exit the game.

3) I don't have to sleep to suddenly change into Will.  It's happening a lot. It just happened while I was walking around.

• Upvote 3

I'm so sorry, I have nothing useful to say. But I really want to nominate this as the most hilarious bug ever. 

Just to imagine, that you get 'Can you eat trees?' and  'Aaah, someone's stash!' in the same run, just fills me with joy! Brilliant. Thank you for sharing. May the bug be fixed for you soon, fellow Voyageur 👋

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am on Day 186 of the same game now, and my character changes gender back and forth quite often, very randomly, nothing specific triggers it. 

Once I switched gender for a bear attack. That was fun.

I'm at a point now when Will starts suddenly huffing and puffing and complaining that "something is making me tired" (ya think Will???) I know he'll just switch back to Astrid in a few minutes. 

• Upvote 1