Wishlist as of today

yoli

General items:

•  Please implement some long requested usability features (i.e. select torch in first position to light fire if we have one already lit).
  •  Provide more possibilities with renewable material. Today, many things can be only be made from material that do not renew (besides beach combing).

Specific items:

• Ability to harvest fat from certain animals (i.e. bear) used to replace oil for cooking.
  • Some plants we can harvest seeds and make flour from.
  • Plants with both positive and negative effects.
  • Improve browsing through items when making a selection for cooking: ability to loop to the end of the list when going left, or display on several rows. Basically a UI that doesn't take 10 clicks to get to the stuff we want to cook.
  • Ability to generate cured leather from renewable harvested material.
  • Let snow melt in houses/areas where temperature is constantly  >0°C.
  • Select torch by default when lighting a fire if we have a torch lit.
  • Enable to overcook carnivorous meat (like double time) to avoid risk of intestinal parasites.
  • A rarer, more durable type of firestriker (in addition to the original one).
  • A rarer, more durable type of whetstone.
  • Better handling of interruptions: breaking a metallic chair takes more than 2h, if interrupted because of the night, next time we harvest it, it still takes the same time as if we did nothing earlier.
  • Ability to rest (no sleep) with configurable time (i.e. less than 1h). Benefits/impact on stats would be different than sleep.
  • Enable a way to start a fire from natural material: it would be difficult, take time, would fail often at low experience levels, but would be possible. Chaining lit torches sucks.
  • Sled: would take long to craft and cause limited movement: unable to climp slope, faster movement on descending slopes etc. and would enable to carry a lot more items than we can today. I assume this one will never be implemented in TLD, but requesting just in case. There is a lot of gameplay that could be made from that sled.
Edited by yoli
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, yoli said:

Sled: would take long to craft and cause limited movement: unable to climp slope, faster movement on descending slopes etc. and would enable to carry a lot more items than we can today. I assume this one will never be implemented in TLD, but requesting just in case. There is a lot of gameplay that could be made from that sled.

In fact it's not 'never', it's next! We are definitely going to get a sled and soon. See https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/#roadmap

Edited by xanna
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, yoli said:

Ability to rest (no sleep) with configurable time (i.e. less than 1h). Benefits/impact on stats would be different than sleep.

At the moment, you can rest (pass time) for periods less than an hour, as unlike with sleep, you can cancel out of passing time at any point. I often pass time in a warm place for say 20 minutes until I'm warmer, and then cancel out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xanna said:

In fact it's not 'never', it's next! We are definitely going to get a sled and soon. See https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/#roadmap

Indeed the travois! Awesome, looking forward to seeing this, thanks!

1 hour ago, xanna said:

At the moment, you can rest (pass time) for periods less than an hour, as unlike with sleep, you can cancel out of passing time at any point. I often pass time in a warm place for say 20 minutes until I'm warmer, and then cancel out.

Thanks! I didn't notice this, that's cool! Would be even better if we the UI would let us define the exact time we wish to wait but well, at least we can interrupt.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yoli said:

Provide more possibilities with renewable material. Today, many things can be only be made from material that do not renew (besides beach combing).

That's probably what the trader will do.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BugReportEnthusiast said:

This is actually possible, but it's extremely annoying and time consuming.

Kill a moose, cure the hide, craft a satchel, harvest the satchel, +1 cured leather. It takes like 2 full weeks but it is possible.

Oh that's nice, thanks for the tip!

11 hours ago, yoli said:

Ability to rest (no sleep) with configurable time (i.e. less than 1h). Benefits/impact on stats would be different than sleep.

I honestly can’t think of a way that this would work, as the game sets fatigue recovery while asleep to one arrow up. If resting also increased fatigue at the same rate, then the two states would be pretty much superfluous.

I could see resting as freezing the fatigue meter, which could work but seems rather arbitrary.

1. When breaking down objects maybe we can get the option to choose how much of the materials we want similar to carcass harvesting. If breaking down a metal shelf will give me 4 metal scrap, it would be nice to have the option to choose just 1 or 2. This can give us more opportunities to warm up while also giving us more flexibility with time management.

2. I know that one of the new regions is a mine, so I wonder if they are interested in adding a pickaxe, mineral veins, and other related items. On top of the whetstones and the milling machines, I wouldn't mind an option to create improvised whetstones and improvised fire strikers. Instead of making more durable alternatives, maybe we can have the option to create some that are less durable/effective but can be crafted from natural resources. I'm definitely not opposed to more durable options though.

A couple more small ideas:

3. Please move the 'prepared acorns' button to the top of the blueprint tab. Underneath 'acorn grounds' is perfect.

4. Make it so some of the acorn patches give 2 and maybe even 3 acorns. 

5. Please consider adding oak trees to Pleasant Valley.

6. Please add a recipe that uses potatoes and carrots and is available instantly.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Stranzua said:

1. When breaking down objects maybe we can get the option to choose how much of the materials we want similar to carcass harvesting. If breaking down a metal shelf will give me 4 metal scrap, it would be nice to have the option to choose just 1 or 2. This can give us more opportunities to warm up while also giving us more flexibility with time management.

I like this option too, would be awesome.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 10:58 AM, BugReportEnthusiast said:

This is actually possible, but it's extremely annoying and time consuming.

Kill a moose, cure the hide, craft a satchel, harvest the satchel, +1 cured leather. It takes like 2 full weeks but it is possible.

So much faster to just walk the Coastal Highway coast and pick up washed up shoes to harvest and even pieces of leather.  Leather is fully renewable from this.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1