Lack of sticks on Bleak Inlet

Ahatch

It's been a long time since I've been to ol Bleak Inlet and I took my long time survivor there for a looting / mapping adventure and I couldn't get over how few sticks or branches there were by the Washed Up Trailers on the hill. Shot the moose there and could barely scrounge up enough reclaimed wood to cook even a third of it. Made the mistake of not bringing my hatchet to break down palettes. 

19 minutes ago, Ahatch said:

It's been a long time since I've been to ol Bleak Inlet and I took my long time survivor there for a looting / mapping adventure and I couldn't get over how few sticks or branches there were by the Washed Up Trailers on the hill. Shot the moose there and could barely scrounge up enough reclaimed wood to cook even a third of it. Made the mistake of not bringing my hatchet to break down palettes. 

I never find many sticks in bleak...I know the disappearing limb bug is still around, but I think in bleak the bracken is supposed to compensate for it.. just my theory but it's how I explain it..

• Upvote 1

Even before the December 2022 game update sticks and branches were scarce (playing on Voyageur) around the Cannery Workers Residences and broken Lighthouse island.  It was a continued struggle to build up a supply of fuel to cook bear meat and fish.  Fuel was so scarce that I was always careful to do my bear cooking at the broken lighthouse's 6 burner stove.  The most reliable spot for sticks and branches was around the bear cave - I would work this area hard in the 10 days after killing the bear that resided at that cave. Coal would reliably spawn about once a week in the Cannery workers residence area.  Stones were notoriously scarce in that area as well.

Its not a bug. On my 100 days in each region loper run i stated that there is very little to almost none fire fuel there. The solution to this are pallets but you have to be carefull while chopping them up - the weather is a nightmare in there. Worst of all regions. Wind wind wind and lowest temps on Bear island. 

Bear cave spawns some sticks and i found only one place where i could chop up to 3 limbs near the rope to upper bleak. 

• 3 weeks later...