Lever Action Rifle and Native's Bow

Luczhang1109

The Long Dark has considered adding new weapon variants, and it seems like The Long Dark won't be adding new calibers, but I think there is a possibility for one weapon to use both rifle ammo and revolver ammo (.38 Special/. 357 Magnum) that is the lever action rifle, I think it would be enough to just add one, as a hunting rifle variant.

1, Winchester M1894: Is a rifle variant, but is rarer and harder to find than revolvers and hunting rifles, and it is not spawned in interloper mode (The Winchester 1894 was used again in World War II in the hands of the Canadian Pacific Coast Militia Rangers who were issued them to defend the west coast of Canada from Japanese invaders. So, it makes sense that it would be on Big Bear Island), but can fire revolver ammunition, it more lethal than a revolver but less than a hunting rifle, the recoil is smaller than a hunting rifle, and the ammo capacity is equal to that of hunting rifles (10 rounds), but the rate of fire is also twice that of hunting rifles, suitable for hunting small animals and self-defense. Although the Winchester M1894 was primarily used to fire the 30-30 Winchester, but it also had a .357 Magnum variant.

2. Native Bow: is a unique recurve bow. It is made of wood and horn, stronger and more durable than a survival bow, Although it more powerful, but its draw speed is slower. It is the same as the Survival Bow and cannot be repaired. Native Bow will only spawn one, and will not be spawn in interloper mode. the bow will be spawn in a random cave or Mountaineer's Hut in Timberwolf Mountain.

Edited by Luczhang1109
  • Upvote 1

• Luczhang1109 changed the title to Lever Action Rifle and Native's Bow
18 hours ago, Luczhang1109 said:

Native Bow: is a unique recurve bow

Good idea, but I always thought that the recurve bow was more-or-less exclusive to the Huns, Mongols, and other semi-nomadic steppe peoples throughout most of history… or is it the composite bow I’m thinking of?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Lever-actions can be fired very rapidly in the right hands.  May upset game balance somewhat.

Make that an expert or master level ability. Hold down the fire button to rapid-fire, however the rifle is 4x as likely to jam after every shot if you don't keep it constantly maintained (+90%).

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2023 at 9:34 AM, conanjaguar said:

Good idea, but I always thought that the recurve bow was more-or-less exclusive to the Huns, Mongols, and other semi-nomadic steppe peoples throughout most of history… or is it the composite bow I’m thinking of?

Native Americans used a variety of bows, sometimes composite bow.

Edited by Luczhang1109