Bears respawn?

MudFlap33

Anybody have any feedback on whether/when the bears respawn? All four of mine were killed before the update (two over 150 days ago). I've played 50 days since the update and still no bears have respawned. I'm curious if they won't until I restart the game, because being killed before the update won't trigger a respawn timer. I'm on pilgrim mode, if it matters.

Nobody has ever reported any of the 4 initial bears respawning after it's been shot. On the other hand, there also was a bug that prevented other animals from respawning in PV, so that could have been a bug. If they do respawn, they probably have a very long respawn timer.

All four of mine were killed before the update (two over 150 days ago). I've played 50 days since the update and still no bears have respawned.

I'm still playing an old savegame as well, but haven't had a bear respawn for more than 300 days (only played 5 days scince V. 213 was released, though). I very much hoped the first bear I shot might have respawned after the current patch, but it didn't.

You might be right that they only respawn in post-V.213 savegames, if at all.

Nobody has ever reported any of the 4 initial bears respawning after it's been shot. On the other hand, there also was a bug that prevented other animals from respawning in PV, so that could have been a bug. If they do respawn, they probably have a very long respawn timer.

Yeah, I thought it was probably due to the dug, since I've also read you need bear hides to repair the bedroll (one of my bears got away from me, so I never got to make the bedroll). Seems likely the intention was for you to have access to more than just four bear hides, although long respawn times make sense.

Might have to try a new game, see if I can find anything out.

Well, they could also add more bears to PV or add bears to ML and or CH. Or to new area's yet to be implemented. But I would expect bears to respawn after some time, although only after a very long time. It's quite possible this will only work if you start a new game, or at least is you shot the bear after the v.212 update.

I m looking forward for a answer for this question. Survive in v215 for a couple of days but still havent found any bear. Really need to know that do bear respawn or not? For now i guess we have to try to survive as long as we can.

...I've also read you need bear hides to repair the bedroll (one of my bears got away from me, so I never got to make the bedroll). Seems likely the intention was for you to have access to more than just four bear hides...

I'm doing a run on Pilgrim to get some achievements and noticed in the crafting recipe the bearskin bedroll only takes 2 bearskins (and some cloth). The other items are still the usual amount of leather/ rabbitskin/ wolfskin, so I think it's not because I'm on pilgrim, rather they have changed the number of skins required. So now you can repair the bedroll twice even if there are no more than 4 bears and no repawns.

I'm doing a run on Pilgrim to get some achievements and noticed in the crafting recipe the bearskin bedroll only takes 2 bearskins (and some cloth). The other items are still the usual amount of leather/ rabbitskin/ wolfskin, so I think it's not because I'm on pilgrim, rather they have changed the number of skins required. So now you can repair the bedroll twice even if there are no more than 4 bears and no repawns.

I very much appreciate this change! Thanks for sharing the information. :)

just 5 days? I wouldn't mind 50 days. I'd actually prefer that.

But it seems this isn't working for old savegames, as people here have stated waiting much longer without a bear respawning. I'm on a new save (v.215) but I'm still in ML. Will check this out when I get to PV.

It could possibly be related with an old save. If this is happening to you and report it please note the version of the game when you started your run.

I will check this myself when I get to PV, but I've only just arrived in CH so it will be a while.

You know, those multiple simultaneous characters/ saves would have been nice right about now. I would have been able to start a new game in PV just for the purpose of checking this quickly and in the latest version of the game...

Archived