Hello

Lone Walker

Hello, I've been a long time reader of the forum but never joined until December and today is my first time logging into the forum.

I've been playing The Long Dark since January 2018 on the PS4 when there were only the first two story episodes and have since replayed the redux episodes, I remember playing Survival Mode after I had finished the first two episodes and I started in Mystery Lake and died not long after starting so didn't play the game again until episode 3 was released in 2019, I played episode 3 then after that I went and played the first two redux episodes to see how they differed from the original episodes I had played and after I was finished playing them I knew more of the maps from the story mode so decided to give Survival Mode another go and to maybe go for the Platinum trophy.

I finally got the Platinum in early 2020, I played in Pilgrim as I wanted to just enjoy the maps and also when going for Faithful Cartographer I didn't want to be attacked by a wolf or a bear. I have since also finished all the challenges and have only two feats left to get, Blizzard Walker and Fire Master and I'm half way there to getting them both, I have also played now and again in Interloper and Stalker but I prefer playing in Pilgrim as I just want to relax and to enjoy the game.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, CoffeeCup said:

Welcome Walker! Seems you're an old hand at this game by now. Hopefully, you can impart some wisdom to the goodly people of this forum. : )

Thanks.

Yes you could say that. I played a lot of games on the PlayStation but The Long Dark is one I keep playing and coming back to after finishing other games. Deep Rock Galactic is a fun game that I enjoy playing too but The Long Dark is unique.

I've been playing computer games since I first started on the Amstrad CPC 464 and also playing games in the arcades, then it was a Mega Drive then PlayStation 1, 2 ,3 and 4 PlayStation ever since. I don't own a PS5 yet and I'm not in a rush to buy one as I have lots of games to play on the PS4.

• Upvote 2