Xbox Survival Autosave not working

Brad73

This does get a brief mention on known issues but wanted to highlight this so people don't get bitten by it.

When running the game continuously on xbox with quick start/auto resume you won't have any issues even if your xbox powers itself down. The game will show that it is autosaving at expected junctures e.g. sleep, pass time, enter buildings etc so you wont even realize there is an issue. It is not however updating your save file. If you exit the game via quit to main menu or start another game it will lose any progress since your last good save. Twice now this has allowed me to play for a period of time and everything looked normal until i had to start the game from the menu and all progress was lost. The first time it was only an hour of gameplay which I just assumed was a one off glitch and didnt bother me any. Second time however I had 2 days of progress lost including killing a bear with a revolver (all I had) and completely emptying a prepper cache I found, Between the bear and the supplies there was a lot of boring time spent lugging a ton of gear back to my base. Super annoying as I was in a precarious position, low on all supplies, the bear and the cache solved everything and now all those supplies are just gone as i restarted the game and it took me straight back to the same save file as previous time.

Tried deleting local save and resynching with cloud but all roads lead to the same save game file. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Andy,

Their suggested workaround does work as a short term fix. Basically periodically (unknown period but once a real day seems to work for me) force close game immediately after a save by hitting Xbox key scroll down to game hit menu button (3 horizontal lines) and select quit game. Then start game again and you should be good with saves for another 24 hours.

Hope this helps

53 minutes ago, Brad73 said:

Hey Andy,

Their suggested workaround does work as a short term fix. Basically periodically (unknown period but once a real day seems to work for me) force close game immediately after a save by hitting Xbox key scroll down to game hit menu button (3 horizontal lines) and select quit game. Then start game again and you should be good with saves for another 24 hours.

Hope this helps

There was an hotfix a couple of days ago that is supposed to have fixed this issue... confirmed by the admin and a few other players on this thread:

If you are still having difficulties with this issue, you may want to file a ticket or post the issue in order to draw HL's attention to it.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:37 AM, Andy_K said:

Yeah, this essentially makes the game unplayable; it has bitten me three times so I'm done till it's patched. Shame as I was hoping to get a good session in over the Easter holidays.

Hi Andy -- are you still experiencing this issue?