Signal Void Claims a Victim

TFA303

153 Days on Stalker, begun when TFTFT released.

I started randomly in Ash Canyon, which tested my knowledge of the region's geography, but I survived long enough to get the crampons and Technical Backpack. Next stop was, of course, Timberwolf Mountain, where I enjoyed the reset loot tables by not finding everything I expected at the Summit.

I took just 3 days in Pleasant Valley, then a few weeks in Mystery Lake, getting good gear, including finding Vaughn's Rifle in the dam. 

Ready for anything now, I headed to Forsaken Airfield and fully explored it. I love how the vast empty central plain makes minor variations in terrain critical  - I stalked a bear out in the open, crouching behind ridges and dips to get close enough for a kill shot with the bow. 

Even better were the notes left behind in FA that hint at a shadowy conspiracy afoot. 

Once I'd fully explored FA, I hit Milton and then HRV, as I wanted to get to know it better. I spent almost a month in HRV, getting lost  routinely. (I also found the Woodwright's Bow along the way.)

Then, once Signal Void dropped, I headed back to  FA!

After getting the first transmitter repaired, I quickly found a cache of ammo and flares. Nice, but not life-changing. No more signals seemed close, so I relocated to Drift Island.   Some Glimmer Fog encounters gave me Insomnia, but that really wasn't very debilitating. 

After a couple of nights of fishing, the aroura hit again, and I set out in search of more loot!

I found another cache, this time with some nice boots and gloves, but .... a pair of wolves, their eyes aglow with that crazy aroura, had begun stalking me. 

My flashlight kept them off of me for a bit, but the battery began to wane. I tried to switch to my revolver to shoot one and give myself some breathing room, but they were too fast for me. One struggle left me bleeding and staggered, and before I could even stanch the blood loss, the second wolf was on me, and it was all over. 

So, now to start again!

Thanks to everyone at Hinterland who makes this immersive story possible!

• Upvote 2

On 4/1/2023 at 4:40 PM, TFA303 said:

153 Days on Stalker, begun when TFTFT released.

I started randomly in Ash Canyon, which tested my knowledge of the region's geography, but I survived long enough to get the crampons and Technical Backpack. Next stop was, of course, Timberwolf Mountain, where I enjoyed the reset loot tables by not finding everything I expected at the Summit.

I took just 3 days in Pleasant Valley, then a few weeks in Mystery Lake, getting good gear, including finding Vaughn's Rifle in the dam. 

Ready for anything now, I headed to Forsaken Airfield and fully explored it. I love how the vast empty central plain makes minor variations in terrain critical  - I stalked a bear out in the open, crouching behind ridges and dips to get close enough for a kill shot with the bow. 

Even better were the notes left behind in FA that hint at a shadowy conspiracy afoot. 

Once I'd fully explored FA, I hit Milton and then HRV, as I wanted to get to know it better. I spent almost a month in HRV, getting lost  routinely. (I also found the Woodwright's Bow along the way.)

Then, once Signal Void dropped, I headed back to  FA!

After getting the first transmitter repaired, I quickly found a cache of ammo and flares. Nice, but not life-changing. No more signals seemed close, so I relocated to Drift Island.   Some Glimmer Fog encounters gave me Insomnia, but that really wasn't very debilitating. 

After a couple of nights of fishing, the aroura hit again, and I set out in search of more loot!

I found another cache, this time with some nice boots and gloves, but .... a pair of wolves, their eyes aglow with that crazy aroura, had begun stalking me. 

My flashlight kept them off of me for a bit, but the battery began to wane. I tried to switch to my revolver to shoot one and give myself some breathing room, but they were too fast for me. One struggle left me bleeding and staggered, and before I could even stanch the blood loss, the second wolf was on me, and it was all over. 

So, now to start again!

Thanks to everyone at Hinterland who makes this immersive story possible!

Thank you for playing, and good luck on your next adventure in the Far Territory! 

• Like 1