Small Change to the Crafting UI Re Acorns

UpUpAway95

On Xbox at least, the various steps to process acorns are found only on the first main tab of the crafting UI; whereas, other items are also shown under more specific tabs (e.g. Prepared Reshis are shown on the first main tab and also under the "medical" tab.  Since acorns are probably the first food item that is not also a medical item that we have to craft, can a food tab be added to the UI (in anticipation that, someday, we'll be preparing foods other than acorns) or, alternatively, could acorns be added to the medicinal tab and perhaps the icon be changed to accommodate both medicinal and food items?

• Upvote 4

I thought the same thing. I never use the general tab as it's way long, but I have to now for this. It's confusing too: because it's alphabetical, Acorn Grounds is first in the menu (in English) and I've seen a few streamers see that and be confused, not knowing there is another Acorn craft item further down.

I'd really also love an 'actions' button for hand-craftable items when you select them in the inventory. I can mend, harvest and maintain items from inventory, but I can't prepare mushrooms/hips/acorns or craft tinder plugs from newspaper etc. etc. except in the [K]rafting menu.

This comes under the category of UI inconsistency for me, and TLD has a pretty inconsistent UI over all (though individual UI elements are mostly very good).

Edited by xanna
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, xanna said:

I thought the same thing. I never use the general tab as it's way long, but I have to now for this. It's confusing too: because it's alphabetical, Acorn Grounds is first in the menu (in English) and I've seen a few streamers see that and be confused, not knowing there is another Acorn craft item further down.

I'd really also love an 'actions' button for hand-craftable items when you select them in the inventory. I can mend, harvest and maintain items from inventory, but I can't prepare mushrooms/hips/acorns or craft tinder plugs from newspaper etc. etc. except in the [K]rafting menu.

This comes under the category of UI inconsistency for me, and TLD has a pretty inconsistent UI over all (though individual UI elements are mostly very good).

Yes - an action button would be nice as well.