My 500 day featless interloper run.

SuperStriker16

What the actual F??!?!?, my interloper save got deleted! Like if I died or something! It’s gone! I’m shaking right now, and sooooo angry. No matter what I do, I’ve tried reloading the game but nothing works! If anyone has any idea what may have happened, please let me know. Is there a way to go back to before my save disappeared. I was testing if the game saved, I went out and fully closed my game, to come back to nothing but an empty save slot, there’s been glitches in the past but nothing like this. I’m so sad about this and wish I could get back to where I was.

if anything, at least I learned some new stuff. I guess I’ll start another interloper 500 days, what else can I do? I hope @Admin fixes this, because casually having saves deleted is not a good thing at all.

E29FAB86-7A99-4C07-B7A9-781D899F51F1.thumb.png.9681b708a21e09439ec441783da5ccbe.png

1 minute ago, SuperStriker16 said:

What the actual F??!?!?, my interloper save got deleted! Like if I died or something! It’s gone! I’m shaking right now, and sooooo angry. No matter what I do, I’ve tried reloading the game but nothing works! If anyone has any idea what may have happened, please let me know. Is there a way to go back to before my save disappeared. I was testing if the game saved, I went out and fully closed my game, to come back to nothing but an empty save slot, there’s been glitches in the past but nothing like this. I’m so sad about this and wish I could get back to where I was.

if anything, at least I learned some new stuff. I guess I’ll start another interloper 500 days, what else can I do? I hope @Admin fixes this, because casually having saves deleted is not a good thing at all.

E29FAB86-7A99-4C07-B7A9-781D899F51F1.thumb.png.9681b708a21e09439ec441783da5ccbe.png

I'm sorry to hear that . That's rotten luck.  You were doing so well too. 

There is a bug like that somewhere on the forum but not sure where. Maybe file a bug report with any info you've got.

• Upvote 1

Despite my recent luck in TLD, I actually had a pretty good spawn in desolation point, got gloves, a wool toque, matches, and other stuff from Hibernia. Try, try again I guess. I probably won’t be posting as much about this run, unless I get to play it longer then 27 in game days. I will be treating it just like my last run, I will be hanging out at camp office again, but I’ll need to find a new HH, and of course survive to that point.

• Upvote 2

@SuperStriker16

Of course it had to happen. It seems like every run I have high hopes for (including those of others) on is jinxed.

Soooo… reverse psychology for Murphy:

May wolves spawn in your path to brutally kill you, and may crows pick the last shreds of flesh from your skull. May you fall through thin ice and get hypothermia and frostbite. May your torches go out at the worst possible moment.

• Upvote 2

Nevermind, this save left too, was going to say how this was lucky how I was getting good clothes and gear, but a wolf struggle with no weapon happened, I left the game to go back to the last save, and it deleted my game again! Same issue, and it’s not the wolf, I’ve done this exploit before. Seems like it’s something to do with quitting the game and coming back, again, no clue what happened.

yes, it's frustrating, i would probably be leaving ash canyon right now. currently both saves are now lost mysteries. I hope that the problem rather gets fixed, or i might just give up TLD entireley, the threat of any save just magically disappearing is horrifying, what if i got 499 days in and that happpened? Untill i can get closure on the issue, i will not be playing it at all. 

2 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

yes, it's frustrating, i would probably be leaving ash canyon right now. currently both saves are now lost mysteries. I hope that the problem rather gets fixed, or i might just give up TLD entireley, the threat of any save just magically disappearing is horrifying, what if i got 499 days in and that happpened? Untill i can get closure on the issue, i will not be playing it at all. 

I really do  know how you feel, I lost my 750+ day run to the fail to save bug ,early last year I think.  I'm really hoping the latest updates have once and for all fixed it .    Please don't let it stop you playing it altogether,it really is a great game.  

If you can't play though ,for now at least, I hope you'll stick around on the forum?  

• Upvote 1

Since I think i've narrowed down the issue to saves and leaving the game, I guess I could give this thing one more shot. if it doesn't work and the game deletes my save again, then ill abandon this whole 500 day thing. I had a save with 152 days and no save problems. so it must be something to do with this update. I  don't want to give up, but it feels like the game is forcing me to stop. gotta somehow keep up the positivity. try, try, try, try, try, try again.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SuperStriker16 said:

but a wolf struggle with no weapon happened, I left the game to go back to the last save, and it deleted my game again!

I think that this exploit might have been the reason it broke this time. When a wolf attacks you and engages in a struggle with you, the game saves the result. I’ve heard of people forcibly closing the game during the struggle, and they usually end up losing their saves.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

I think that this exploit might have been the reason it broke this time. When a wolf attacks you and engages in a struggle with you, the game saves the result. I’ve heard of people forcibly closing the game during the struggle, and they usually end up losing their saves.

Oh, so they stopped the exploit? that makes sense I guess. at least this time it wasn't a bug, guess that's what I get for using it then.

4 hours ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Oh, so they stopped the exploit? that makes sense I guess. at least this time it wasn't a bug, guess that's what I get for using it then.

I think it was very risky to begin with, because if you missed the 10-second window and closed the game while it was saving, then the files would become corrupted, or something like that.

• Upvote 1