What is the best weapon for getting a wolf off of you in interloper?

SuperStriker16

Since I’m starting a new interloper run, the bow is the only ranged weapon I’ll have for self defense (I’m used to using the revolver) and for a while I bet my aim is going to be off until I get better with it. It also lacks stopping power so I’d imagine I will get into a few wolf struggles. In interloper, you obviously want to get the wolf off of you asap, so out of the 4 options what is the best wolf struggle weapon? The crowbar, the heavy hammer, the imp. Hatchet or the imp. Knife? (No, not desperation).

Hi,
once You have the bow, wolfs are just a source of meat most of the time. An arrow straight in the face, as they are charging You, will kill them.
For the occasional struggle, I tend to use edged weapons (hatchet, knife), as they wound the wolf and kill it over time.

• Upvote 1

I'm used to just using the hatchet to get wolves off of me, it gets them off faster than the knife while most of the time dealing bleeding. but that's in voyager when i had access to the non improvised versions. I've seen some youtubers using the heavy hammer instead,  should I just stay with the hatchet,  or should I use something else like the HH or knife? Like I said, my aim with the bow is pretty bad, so i'm doing this as a just in case thing if the worst comes to worst.

4 hours ago, mfuegemann said:

once You have the bow, wolfs are just a source of meat most of the time.

The hammer scares the wolf away the quickest, but does not injure it. The hammer will damage the wolf but it won't make it bleed out. The second best option is the hatchet. 

When you are charged by a wolf, aim your bow down farther than you would originally aim. You'll either hit the wolf or land the arrow at its feet, which may scare it away (but doesn't always). If you hit it at all, the struggle will end a lot quicker. If you don't, you might scare it away before the struggle.

Edited by Pencil
  • Upvote 1

It is possible to keep wolves away with a torch/stone tactic, dropping the torch and aiming the stone at the wolf. However, always assume that it will be windy at the worst possible moment… so if a wolf catches you by surprise, my advice is to quit the game and reload at your last save point.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

my advice is to quit the game and reload at your last save point.

yes, i used to do this and it is smart, but for my new interloper run, i will not be doing that. if i deserve to get injured or die,then i will get injured or die this time. i will be trying the torch-rock method though, thanks for the tips.