Broken RailRoad Moose?

Robbiieeee

Hello survivors. I am currently in Broken Railroad and have a temporary base at hunter's lodge. To the north of H. Lodge by the collapsed trees, rabbit grove and cave, there is a tree with moose markings. I really want to hunt him for the satchel as the moose hasn't spawned in ML for me. 

Trouble is, despite the markings, there is no moose. What gives? I have followed the path, crossed the rickity foot bridge and got to the climbing area that overlooks the maintenance shed. No moose.

I know there is a bear below hunters lodge on the pond, but there is also a large number of wolves so I havent checked down there yet. However, where does the moose 'usually' spawn at BR if the markings are north of the lodge? 

First, just because there are markings, doesn't mean the moose is present.  

I know of two moose spawns in BRR:  1) In the swampy area by the hunting lodge and 2) Near the bridge leading to the lodge.

My advice, don't wait around for it, but if you're busy in the area, check back each day for the spawn.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that moose only spawn in one region at a time and once killed spawn in some other random region? Not sure where I read this or if I am delusional. I don't see a lot of moose because I tend to stay in an area a long while and don't move around a lot, which might support the notion that there is only one moose and is in another region. I have killed two in the current run, one near the barn by Trapper's Hut in ML region and one in the woods across from the bear cave near Crystal Lake in TWM. Good luck bagging one cuz that satchel is one of the golden items in the game! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TonyInPleasantValley said:

I thought I read somewhere that moose only spawn in one region at a time and once killed spawn in some other random region? Not sure where I read this or if I am delusional. I don't see a lot of moose because I tend to stay in an area a long while and don't move around a lot, which might support the notion that there is only one moose and is in another region. I have killed two in the current run, one near the barn by Trapper's Hut in ML region and one in the woods across from the bear cave near Crystal Lake in TWM. Good luck bagging one cuz that satchel is one of the golden items in the game! 

I saw a moose early in my game at the gas station in CH. I wonder if this is why? Looks like I'm heading back that way then. Thanks

The moose was around the Hunting Lodge a couple of times recently in a straight Voyager game.  He usually kept at the limit of the bow range.  I was up that tree trunk.   Then I came down to tempt him over. I raced back on to the tree trunk and after missing a few times when he was running around beneath me,  I eventually put an arrow in his head.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 6:27 PM, Robbiieeee said:

I saw a moose early in my game at the gas station in CH. I wonder if this is why? Looks like I'm heading back that way then. Thanks

He will probably be gone by that time. They stick around for a bit, but move elsewhere eventually

Generally moose are pure luck. In some games you see a lot of them and in others they are very rare.

• Like 1

Quick update on the moose: 

Was preparing to leave BR when the moose spawned on the pond. I killed him first time (arrow to the head on the charge) and claimed a juicy 40kg of meat and that luscious hide!

I also managed to kill the BR bear by using the ledge by the climbing area to shoot down, using scent to attract him over. I am now rich in meat and hide and it is very peaceful here now. Next step: on to explore the new far range territories :)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Robbiieeee said:

Quick update on the moose: 

Was preparing to leave BR when the moose spawned on the pond. I killed him first time (arrow to the head on the charge) and claimed a juicy 40kg of meat and that luscious hide!

I also managed to kill the BR bear by using the ledge by the climbing area to shoot down, using scent to attract him over. I am now rich in meat and hide and it is very peaceful here now. Next step: on to explore the new far range territories :)

Very nice.