Difficulty above Hardened survivor.

RegentRelic

If Hardened Survivor is analogous to Stalker then why is there no Interloper difficulty for Wintermute? The abundance of supplies along the critical path makes it so, that you only ever need to worry about wild life even with a rudimentary understanding of the game. And with that I've never once thought that I might run out of ammo when playing Wintermute. I understand that running out of supplies is a terrible way to die because it's unclear how far you need to go back, but if somebody chooses the hardest difficulty they are probably looking for a challenge. Now that Wintermute is a expansion and thus mainly being played by enfranchised players it's even worse not to have a hard mode.                                                         

The other day I played through Witermute without going inside (defined as anywhere with a loading screen or fade to black. And I could go inside to grab quest items and talk to NPCs) Epsiode Two was at that the difficulty I think Harder Survivor should be at. This run did show another issue with a harder difficulty as well. That being that quests that have you gather a certain number of items will be disproportionately effected. Just scale the number of items needed. 

If your worried about players starting on this difficulty and then not having any fun because they have to keep restarting then hide it behind an achievement. Having to get either You'll be with her soon, Ready for when the SHFT, or Face the impossible. This way the players who the Hard mode is for are the only ones who can play it. Although now that Wintermute is a expansion I don't think this is an issue.

• Upvote 3

I will be playing this game once it's out of early access and I am hoping custom settings will be added to the story game, at least as much as they can be without breaking anything, for example if I turn off sleeping health regen which ends my game when a certain area is unbeatable.

• Upvote 1

I would like an extra Wintermute difficulty too. My ideal experience would be a "Mackenzie Must Die" difficulty where instead of just being an Interloper port, it remixes aspects of the campaign and etc to make the experience extremely difficult to survive.

• Upvote 2