Leaving meat on the snow is cheap

CrazyLazyCat

On 2/7/2023 at 5:25 PM, ManicManiac said:

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I suppose that sometimes a videogame just has to "videogame" 

Words of wisdom…. If interloper wants to be even more ridiculous and make your food always decay and/or despawn, etc.  Fair enough. Make that a paid expansion pass for interloper only, or as a custom setting.  
The point about attracting predators IS included as a possibility for a quartering site, stands to reason that meat left on the snow would attract predators.  
There are still sites where meat could be cached and be inaccessible to predators however, which creates a balance in play and realism.  

However, if I want the game to be 100% realistic, I’ll move out in the woods in BC and do it for real.  

Sometimes, a video game just has to be…. A video game.  

Edited by Semple Fi
Misspelling
  • Upvote 1

On 6/9/2023 at 3:07 PM, Semple Fi said:

Sometimes, a video game just has to be…. A video game.  

I couldn't possibly disagree more (perfect solution fallacy, ipse dixit & all that), but then again:

On 6/9/2023 at 3:07 PM, Semple Fi said:

However, if I want the game to be 100% realistic, I’ll move out in the woods in BC and do it for real. 

That's exactly where I am and essentially how I live. haha

Edited by Kranium

As a game that's always growing, there are a few mechanics that feel like they were just implemented as a temporary solution, and eating ruined meat without penalty and pulling relightable torches from fires are probably the two biggest. Like I've said before, I'm not complaining because it's extremely convenient, but as the game grows these are two examples where the game can become a little more immersive/realistic/challenging. Out of all the great ideas on this forum, I would love to see any changes that improve the overall experience without turning it into a chore. Giving ruined meat some kind of penalty and adding the ability to make cured meat/beef jerky sounds great to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

It’s fine the way it is the same with being able to consume any food after level 5, I truly don’t understand requests like this from the interloper community it’s always “this makes the game easier take it out” and never “this makes the game easier so I’m going to make the conscious decision not to engage” like we don’t need interloper to not have anything spawn you could just NOT let yourself use tools you could refuse to eat any meat left out a number of days or under a certain percent. There’s a line between balance and just making things harder for the hell of it in my opinion 

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2023 at 9:02 PM, Kranium said:

I couldn't possibly disagree more (perfect solution fallacy, ipse dixit & all that), but then again:

That's exactly where I am and essentially how I live. haha

Couldn’t disagree more? Because you want it as realistic as possible?

Going to need to get rid of the completely unrealistic electronics and animal behavior during the Aurora then.  As well as the glowing bears.  

• 3 months later...