Level 5 Skills - Which do you consider most important?

Blizzard Walker

Starting a new run post updated reminded me how accustomed I was to benefiting from Level 5 skills on my pre update Voyageur run.

Of the various skills: (1) Carcass Harvesting, (2) Cooking, (3) Fire Starting, (4) Ice Fishing, (5) Rifle Fireman, (6) Archery, (7) Mending, (8) Revolver Fireman and (9) Gunsmithing - which do you consider most important/valuable?

I view Archery 5 as most important.  I miss crouching for easy shots at deer and wolves.  It has taken to time to re-learn aiming at deer at a distance or lining up behind a deer for an easy shot.  Point blank head shots on deer are preferable to tracking wounded deer.  I look forward to getting Archery 5 again as I like to lure in wolves while crouched.

If I played on Stalker or Interloper I might have a different point of view - Cooking 5 might then be my #1 skill.

I always get harvesting to level 5 first as I usually only kill moose and bear . But for me I find rifle skills the most important.. it's usually a close second to harvesting in terms of speed.   But on pilgrim the skills aren't really necessary. The only one I have issues with is sewing!! My last run on day 5 up at twm summit at level 2 thanks to a book up there ,it took me nine attempts in a row to mend some boots!   

For me cooking level 5 is the most important, as it converts wolfs into food. Then comes fire starting, with multiple benefits: fires are more easy to start, last longer and with level 3 I no longer have to carry around 2-3 kg of tinder. The rest comes with its daily use, with mending being the hardest to master.

Archery 5 is nice but not so necessary for me. I mostly hunt wolfs, shooting them while they charge me. For deer, I approach them crouched and reposition myself until they face me and stop to lower their head. Then standing up, pulling and relasing should be done in a smooth movement. This will often result in an instant kill. 
As there still is a risk, that the deer will run off wounded, I love to hunt deer in the Ravine. Just bring some coal for the occasional night blizzard.

• Upvote 1