Fresh leather..?

Leeanda

6 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

I have also found fresh leather in my travels.

Also there is nothing less immersive that finding 99 condition cooked venison in a freezer.

Well that's good to know!  🙂.    

I  find quite a bit of meat/fish in the freezer but never in that good condition.before!  

I  have encountered one or two pieces of "fresh leather."  None recently though.  In one case, IIRC, it became "ruined" since I forgot about it not being "cured leather" and just carted around in my inventory anticipating using it to repair my boots at a later date.  In the other case, I think I tried throwing it down on the floor of one of the buildings, but I never went back to that locale to see if it had ever cured or not.  You can usually tell if something is going to cure when you first place it as it will show the % cured almost immediately.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I  have encountered one or two pieces of "fresh leather."  None recently though.  In one case, IIRC, it became "ruined" since I forgot about it not being "cured leather" and just carted around in my inventory anticipating using it to repair my boots at a later date.  In the other case, I think I tried throwing it down on the floor of one of the buildings, but I never went back to that locale to see if it had ever cured or not.  You can usually tell if something is going to cure when you first place it as it will show the % cured almost immediately.

Thank you.   I honestly don't think I checked when I last dropped one on the ground to see if it had registered or not.  I have yet to go to paradise meadows or broken but if I find one I shall try it and see what happens.  

The 'fresh' ruined leather should cure and once cured can be used like any other cured leather and (iirc) will combine with unruined cured leather so that stack would increase by one.  Kind of the same thing with some ruined (0% condition) items like antibiotics, pain killers, unbrewed herbal tea, and unbrewed coffee.  

For the latter cases, I found that if one had 100% antibiotics and 50% antibiotics when one picked up a vial of 0% antibiotics into inventory, the vial of 0% stuff will combine and take on the condition of the 50% antibiotics.  So if one finds one with that situation, drop the 50% stuff before picking up the 0% stuff and get more 100% stuff (i.e., the highest condition of that item).  So 0% things that can combine will use the lowest condition item to combine with.  

Of course that has its limitations depending on difficulty level.  

• Upvote 1