[BUG HELP] Carcasses Showing Up on Map Where Live Animals Are

Bulldog Blaze

I've been playing TLD in survival on Steam/PC for years and bought it in early/pre-release and never really had any problems but since update 2.01, I've had a bug where when I do a survey, live animals show up as carcasses on the map. I have played both with and without mods and the problem remains either way. This happens in every region now and I discovered on reddit that others have had the same problem and they play on console so this isn't just a PC bug. I have attached a screenshot showing the carcasses everywhere (which are really live animals). I tried all the traditional troubleshooting steps to no avail. I always keep my game up-to-date and it is currently on version 2.02. I have never heard of this bug before but hopefully it can be fixed soon. Thank you to anyone out there who may help.

TLD Carcass Bug 09.06.22.jpg

On 9/11/2022 at 6:29 AM, Bulldog Blaze said:

I've been playing TLD in survival on Steam/PC for years and bought it in early/pre-release and never really had any problems but since update 2.01, I've had a bug where when I do a survey, live animals show up as carcasses on the map. I have played both with and without mods and the problem remains either way. This happens in every region now and I discovered on reddit that others have had the same problem and they play on console so this isn't just a PC bug. I have attached a screenshot showing the carcasses everywhere (which are really live animals). I tried all the traditional troubleshooting steps to no avail. I always keep my game up-to-date and it is currently on version 2.02. I have never heard of this bug before but hopefully it can be fixed soon. Thank you to anyone out there who may help.

TLD Carcass Bug 09.06.22.jpg

Thank you for sharing. We apologize for this issue and we are currently investigating. We appreciate your patience! 

Steam and ubuntu linux, running the linux native version of the game, rather than the windows version via proton.

I'd consider trying the windows version but switching between them takes a long time because of downloading the windows vs linux binaries eats a lot of bandwidth.

I've also encountered problems with the game suddenly becoming a real perf dog after about an hour or so of playing; I've opened up a bug at the support portal about it, because it does get kinda annoying needing to suddenly find a good time and place to pass time or sleep or enter a loading screen building of some kind so I can quit the program and restart it.

• 2 weeks later...