Left cabin, arrived in forest (with most of my stuff missing)

Marmo

Hi there,

I have contacted support about this and apart from getting an automated email back around a week ago I have heard nothing.

I was in CH, left a small cabin by the lake and appeared in the forest. That would have been ok but all/most of my gear was missing. Nothing like this has happened before. I sent a message to Support to see if they could help with some particular possesions but i havent heard back from them. Any advice?

Thank you,

Andy

I suspect that when the OP passed through the transition to the outside, the game had a glitch while spawning the outside and as a recovery it spawned his character new with starting equipment in a random starting location that might be in Coastal Highway.  I think that would be the default result if the game detected that the character or a given area as recorded in the save game file were invalid for any reason. 

What can the devs do about something like that?  I have not a clue.  

1 minute ago, UTC-10 said:

I suspect that when the OP passed through the transition to the outside, the game had a glitch while spawning the outside and as a recovery it spawned his character new with starting equipment in a random starting location that might be in Coastal Highway.  I think that would be the default result if the game detected that the character or a given area as recorded in the save game file were invalid for any reason. 

What can the devs do about something like that?  I have not a clue.  

That sounds like my unusual "jumping from inside Quonset hut to being in the truck out the back " bug where I got multiple sprains and lost most of the clothes I was wearing. 

It'd certainly explain the problem.    

Just now, Marmo said:

I was jumping hoping they could 'add' those missing items back into my inventory but they haven't got in touch for a week.

I'm afraid that you've probably lost them for good. I don't think that the devs can do that.  

I know it's frustrating but sadly there's not much you can do. Either carry on with the run and hope you can replace them or start a new run. 

Good luck whichever way you go.

On 9/9/2022 at 1:51 PM, Leeanda said:

I know it's frustrating but sadly there's not much you can do. Either carry on with the run and hope you can replace them or start a new run.

Or just wait for the game to come out of early access so it's all patched up and in a stable state. That's my personal preference.

Of course this problem could have been cause by a bit flip in memory or some other freak hardware error that happens on occasion. There isn't a lot you can do about that.