Have you started using noisemakers?

Stinky socks

Have you started using noisemakers?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ever since episode4 was released for storymode, there was potential new 'weapon's, which would eventually be transferred into survival mode. And that moment came shortly thereafter.

But did you go to prison for the blueprint? I haven't personally, in fact I haven't even traversed BR region yet, apart from short squirts here and there.

What about you: are you using those makers? Did you find the blueprint to make them?

Noisemakers are a semi-efficient weapon at certain scenarios. They do not have enough raw power on their own, but they are incredible efficient to kill an already injuried animal, even a moose or a bear.

Here i leave a video of Lithar getting a moose kill with one of these.

However... this seems 'good' at first glance, but noisemakers are finite (No unlimited gunpowder or even cans), and you can only craft them at blackrock. Blackrock is the worst region in the entire game due to several reasons, and stay here just to build a semi-efficient tool is ofc, not a good idea.

It would be much better if you could craft them at any workbench (Just like wintermute).

In another case, if you spawn at blackrock, you can't even get the blueprint in an easy way (Long and tough travel, plus needing an aurora later).. so... they are not even good at early game.

I like the idea, but i think it's terribly poorly executed (In general blackrock it is like that..), being an unnecessary and mostly useless tool in most cases. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

If I go to the mine I will pick them up. But  they sit in the fridge in pv farm gathering dust.  If I ever get to the stage where I run out of rifle ammo and bow/arrows then I might use them.    Have I made any - no. It's a waste of gunpowder.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Leeanda said:

If I go to the mine I will pick them up. But  they sit in the fridge in pv farm gathering dust.  If I ever get to the stage where I run out of rifle ammo and bow/arrows then I might use them.    Have I made any - no. It's a waste of gunpowder.

They are useful in Story mode where gunpowder and cans are plentiful, and you can't craft ammunition anyway. Two direct noisemaker hits will send even the largest timberwolf packs running. Of course, those wolves aren't actually dead, just scared off, and they will regroup. But since you probably can't take anything with you into Episode 5, the sheer disposability of your resources makes noisemakers pretty good things to have on hand.

Survival mode though, that gunpowder is better spent on making more bullets.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

But since you probably can't take anything with you into Episode....

Ah I remember clunking up my character with a bunch of stuff only to be left with nothing when I entered into next episode. 

Noisemaker could be of more use if it acted as a frag grenade, taking out any animal with one hit. Now that would probably make sense to go through all the trouble maybe. But then again, seasoned TLD pilot won't have a lot of problems avoiding such situations, requiring explosive ammunition.

26 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

They are useful in Story mode where gunpowder and cans are plentiful, and you can't craft ammunition anyway. Two direct noisemaker hits will send even the largest timberwolf packs running. Of course, those wolves aren't actually dead, just scared off, and they will regroup. But since you probably can't take anything with you into Episode 5, the sheer disposability of your resources makes noisemakers pretty good things to have on hand.

Survival mode though, that gunpowder is better spent on making more bullets.

No doubt they come in handy for the story.  Before I changed to green survivor  I made full use of them.   Not that they did much good. Those timberwolves were fireproof and bulletproof. 

I was really only referring to survival though.  As much use to me as the vest. And nothing comes between me and my rifle.🙂    

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

Any time I'm in Blackrock, I always go for the noisemakers at the mine. Do I use them? Well... very rarely I do lol. I use them for timber wolves and apparently they have a chance of scaring aurora wolves (I tested it and they will run but maybe not 100% of the time), so I keep them on hand for that. 

I found a very convenient shortcut to get to the mine though. I can go from the prison to the mine and back within a day, but I won't spoil it for anyone and I really hope Hinterland doesn't change that (it's not easy to do). That's why I always go there for the blueprints and the workshop code. Fortunately you can craft noisemakers at Bleak Inlet if you have the blueprints so that helps. 

So yes, I use them, but not very often. I'll usually burn a flare or a couple revolver shots before using one. They are good for the times where you don't want to risk anything and you want an effective deterrent without using flare shells.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

What is this, mate? C'mon now, spill the beans!!

For anyone who doesn't want to know the shortcut don't read this message lol. 

I take the same route you would when leaving the mine, but backwards. When you first come to that area above the ice that surrounds the prison, just before the fallen tree (where you would exit if you just came from the mine), you would have to go down the tree and down a few falls before getting to the ice. The terrain is designed to prevent you from going back, but it is still climbable.

To get back up, you have to get as high as possible and then walk up slopes and on the sides of rocks. It's hard to explain but basically that path is two ways if you can find your way up. 

• Upvote 2

Getting from prison to mine is easy enough without billygoating or slope climbing. You just leave the prison via prison enterance, go down the road a bit and go left down the small marshy canyon and close to the cave use fallen tree and rope to go down to the main canyon. Then just go up the canyon, sleep in the cave to regen stamina and climb two ropes and ur basically there. There are no timberwolves in the canyon just regular wolf. The tree is so close to prison enterance that even when the wolves see you while they patrol the road to prison just ignore them and run to the tree.  Actually when You know the map better you can go everywhere you want without even aggroing the wolves. I dont know why ppl say BR Prison is soooo hard region. Not rly.

Edited by James Hickok
  • Like 1