Do You found a refuge from reality in The Long Dark?

Guess, me is one of refugees, who hid in The Long Dark from this frightening reality. Before, i was travel in a deep caves of ADoM :)
Since a 2007, i feel a world is going to hell. After, a 2008 financial crisis was happened. Then a 2014 was happened...
In the 2016, i accidentally found a The Long Dark. So, for 2016, i didn't survive too long there and think "It's time to say bye The Long Dark". But at one night a woke up in a cabin by sparkling sounds. A lamps is flickering. I've looked to a radio and turned it on. It's works! Everything around - a ghostly flickering lamps, music from a radio... i feel it's amazing. And then i've go out of a cabin. "A sky... So brilliant..."  (c)Astrid. For a while, i've looking at sky, shining with aurora borealis...

Then, a some time i was try to survive and understand what the hell is going around. I failed.
So, i've deleted The Long Dark from my HDD and forgot it.

Before a december of 2019.
I have a dream, where i was there again, woken up by a sparkling sounds in a cabin. A flickering lamps, a music from a radio, a shining sky... It's so overwhelms me!
When i woke up, i've install The Long Dark again. And...
I still there.
Since a three of months a COVID-19 pandemic was happened. But I was feel, a world going a more worst situation than COVID-19. And it's happened. Protests, strikes... is everywhere. About a people's rights, about a lockdown restrictions... But i was feel, those protests have a deeper reason than COVID-19. It's about poverty, a hunger, a hopelessness... About a financial system of a whole world is going to a Collapse.
And so, it's happened. And every time, when a capitalism collapses, it ends by a war.  And it's was happened.
For now, i don't see a reasons to live in reality further.

Since a december of 2019, i waking, going to job, doing tasks on autopilot mode and waiting an evening, when i can turn on my computer, load a The Long Dark and hide from this reality in the world of The Long Dark. A world, where's a Collapse was happened before and where's no more frightening things will happens further. 

I was found a refuge in The Long Dark, like a locals of Tom's Crossing's town trying to find a refuge from their reality in a Lost Cave. "A way to leave - without leaving" (c)The Long Dark.

There's someone else, who found a refuge here?

Edited by Wonderland wanderer
syntax error
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you "find refuge from reality in The Long Dark", is that correct?

I believe we all "escape" in our own ways.  I think it's important though that we stay grounded in reality and find a way to deal with the world around us.

Thank you for your post Wonderland Wanderer. You are very poetic in your writing. Yes, The Long Dark is a beautiful escape from the uncertainty of life. I live there many hours every day for many years now.  You are not alone.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have not reached the point where TLD is escape from reality yet. However, it is very immersive, and all my siblings enjoy walking through the snow and shooting wolves, and laughing at our deaths.

In that case... maybe it is an escape from reality. We live in South Carolina. 85 degree days are the coolest you can hope for as soon as spring comes. I much prefer to look at snow than dandelions...

• Like 1