Blackrock Prison Bear

dahemac

I have been in the Blackrock region for some time. There are wolves in the prison that respawn very quickly. I was cleaning up the latest in at least seven or eight that have spawned in the main yard in front of the prison when I heard it. A bear. What the heck? I couldn’t see it but it was close. I was worried that it was invisible, but as I crept to the left fence outside facing the main building entrance I spotted it. It was in the yard where you go to get to the rope to access the Warden’s office. Where a wolf spawns very very very frequently. But this time it was a bear. This was pretty convenient. That is a lot of meat to spawn so close to my base at the prison. But my question is, was the bear supposed to spawn there? Can bears now spawn anywhere?

30 minutes ago, dahemac said:

I have been in the Blackrock region for some time. There are wolves in the prison that respawn very quickly. I was cleaning up the latest in at least seven or eight that have spawned in the main yard in front of the prison when I heard it. A bear. What the heck? I couldn’t see it but it was close. I was worried that it was invisible, but as I crept to the left fence outside facing the main building entrance I spotted it. It was in the yard where you go to get to the rope to access the Warden’s office. Where a wolf spawns very very very frequently. But this time it was a bear. This was pretty convenient. That is a lot of meat to spawn so close to my base at the prison. But my question is, was the bear supposed to spawn there? Can bears now spawn anywhere?

I've seen a bear in the back of the prison playing survival mode.  Right inside the fenced area as you described it.
Apparently the bear can walk around the outside of the prison area where you enter the yard from the guard shack and back into the rear of the prison thru some breaks in the walls.  I ended up shooting him with an arrow and not killing him but watched as he ran around the back of the area.  Following along on the roof tops, the bear appears to be able to navigate easily around the whole prison pretty easily.   

I have been through to the inside of the prison a few times but I have only seen the bear once.  It was in the large compound that leads to the small fenced gated area with the rope up to the gantry.  As was at the other end of that large compound where, after going through a gate you enter a small area with a gap in the broken fence to the large compound.  I was in that small area and the bear in the large compound.  The bear seemed unable to pass through the broken fence and enter the small area where I was.  I seemed safe from the bear and it was an easy kill.

I haven't seen a bear anywhere else in or near the prison area.

1 hour ago, Dogelsagod said:

I like to leave the wolf corpse so when the wolfs that respawn see 50 dead wolfs they know to run. I swear I have so many wolf hides I don’t know what to do with them

I'd start a little business making custom wolfpelt garments!  What a great way to avoid cabin fever and play the long game by crafting coats, boots and hats
using an outside workbench?  

• Upvote 1