Cold textures

EternityTide

I've noticed the same thing. It's especially noticeable with the snow on the road from rural crossroads to end of the road where the surface of the road can be seen through the snow. When you walk/ run along the road they seem to move back and forth several inches.

I'm not entirely certain what you mean by grain/noise filter, but basically when you walk along, especially on roads, the borders of where snow interacts with a solid surface, like the tarmac of the road, the border "shivers", clipping in and out of the surface by a small amount

I don't think it's the grain/noise filter on the camera, no.

It could be z-fighting, I'm not sure. The best way I can explain it is like this: when you walk along the road, along the edge of the snow, where the snow meets the tarmac, it seems to blink on and off. It's like 1 sec there is snow and the next sec there isn't. The edge of the snow seems to move back and forth a few inches, but only when you walk/ turn. If you're standing still it doesn't happen.

I have seen the same issue., It is as you describe Jeremy, there appears to be a conflict with the texture and which one is displaying, seems to also cause a noticable FPS drop. I noticed it up on the road in PV where the pathe leading down from the mine encounters the road. Well, near that point.

Archived