More Snares!

Leo Sky

I think adding more snares would be a great addition to the game! Squirrel snares in particular could be useful, and are easy to make/use. Squirrel snares are the first snare they teach you I  survival training so it would make sense for the survivor to know how to make one. Bird snares could be a cool addition. Because we know the birds already exist so it wouldn’t be wild to think you could catch one. 

• Like 1

But why would you need to snare squirrels? That's kinda the main problem with most of "new animals" requests. What unique new items could you craft using squirrel fur? To me it just sounds like Rabbit2.0. The last thing TLD needs is countless re-skins of old items, tool and animals (A doe would be a great addition, though. It's rather weird that all the deers on the island are male)

Edited by Ghurcb
"Does" -> "A doe" for clarity

Without new animals, new varieties of snares is pointless... and as pointed out above, new animals without new specific items related to them are also pointless and counter to the notion of scarcity of resources that is the base premises for the entire game... make anything too abundant and you defeat any sense of challenge to the game itself.

• Upvote 1