I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

Oh no! Seriously though I just envisioned a hoard of bears, on bikes, speeding down a hill after you. Terrifying! But definitely a dlc I'd buy

Haha that's true. I'd give up a lot of things for target practice but I do love my peanut butter...

Also I assumed it would be, skates are probably pretty popular, like the sled and dog requests.

Hear them roar in third gear ... The Great Bear Cycling School for Furry Freewheeling Psychopaths 🐻 🚲

• Like 2

I actually had a discussion with DH last night about where the heck does Astrid/Will go when they need to use the facilities!! Some of the nicest places for a base have NO bathroom! And imagining having to go thru' the process in the middle of the night is just daunting!

Don't get me started on Hibernia Processing, which clearly had MANY workers/staff and NO bathroom!! Seriously!!

------------------------------

Still seeing the normal number of wolves/deer/etc. after my return to Coastal Highway. Mr. Moose showed up a couple game days ago and I decided to go for it, even tho' my skills are low.

Stuck him with 2 arrows (one straight head on) & got stomped!! Bandaged myself, went for another try -- 2 more arrows in and stomped again! Got ticked off, bandaged up, ate painkillers, went back into Quonset for the rifle and came back out to dispatch him with one lucky shot! Moose hide nicely curing, lots of meat and something like 150 hours to get my ribs back to normal! Ha!

Currently chopping wood and collecting my gear to move into one of the little houses. I always imagine the Quonset Garage as being extremely creepy to sleep in and probably very smelly! (even smellier than unwashed Astrid!)

Will try for a bear in the next few days.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, twyn1 said:

I actually had a discussion with DH last night about where the heck does Astrid/Will go when they need to use the facilities!! Some of the nicest places for a base have NO bathroom! And imagining having to go thru' the process in the middle of the night is just daunting!

Don't get me started on Hibernia Processing, which clearly had MANY workers/staff and NO bathroom!! Seriously!!

------------------------------

Still seeing the normal number of wolves/deer/etc. after my return to Coastal Highway. Mr. Moose showed up a couple game days ago and I decided to go for it, even tho' my skills are low.

Stuck him with 2 arrows (one straight head on) & got stomped!! Bandaged myself, went for another try -- 2 more arrows in and stomped again! Got ticked off, bandaged up, ate painkillers, went back into Quonset for the rifle and came back out to dispatch him with one lucky shot! Moose hide nicely curing, lots of meat and something like 150 hours to get my ribs back to normal! Ha!

Currently chopping wood and collecting my gear to move into one of the little houses. I always imagine the Quonset Garage as being extremely creepy to sleep in and probably very smelly! (even smellier than unwashed Astrid!)

Will try for a bear in the next few days.

Yeah. Strange there's no toilets in  desolation point. I mentioned that somewhere a while ago!  Most plausible things would either be a hole in the ground or one of the many buckets lying around the place! 

Not very nice but you have to go somewhere! 🙂 

Sorry you got stomped on, twice!  That's going to limit you a bit!. Glad you didn't give up though,. The rewards can be life savers! .

Hope the bear loses too but it's a risk considering your ribs aren't intact!

Good luck though!🙂

2 hours ago, twyn1 said:

G'nite Leeanda.

Love the idea of a pick-axe! Add to the wish list!!

Peach Popsicles sound good, but maybe not at minus something 0 %

You can just let them warm up a bit inside or near a fire!  Couple of  minutes and you get a tasty snack!🙂   

Thanks! Just a thought though, not sure who'd  want one except me!🙂 

And  good night to you too!

Spent most of this morning in the Ravine collecting sticks and birch bark . Hoping the weather would pick up a bit! I haven't seen blue sky in Mystery for over  a week! Highly unusual! 

Both wolves and all the rabbits near the blind seem to have vanished so I'm  going to bleak to give them a chance to respawn! .

Found 3 t wolves in upper bleak  which I chased down to the road, just for fun really🙂 each to his own I suppose! . As I walked back up the hill I noticed a deer and luckily I managed to get it down towards the wolves! .  One killed it,and started eating while the other two hung around quite close together. As I approached  they started yelping but didn't run off! The one eating ignored me until I got really close, maybe about 5,foot away. It then turned and went into attack stance growling. After several seconds  it turned and ran off!  Along with the other two! 

I'm curious if all timberwolf packs stay together  if one is eating? This is the first time I've ever  seen them hunting.  So If anyone else has noticed them doing that I'd be interested to know!  

Now I'm in lower bleak and resting in the workers cabins. It's hard work running around chasing animals  everywhere!  Especially if you're overburdened!🙂

As a side note, if it's any help. Deer are very hard to herd, they're very unpredictable. So I find rabbits so much easier! If you walk very slowly toward them from the front they will 99% of the time run in a straight line in the direction you're facing!

• Upvote 2

Pretty much uneventful this afternoon.  Did have a walk round to see if there were any wolves besides at the cannery! No luck anywhere!  But at least the weather was good! Certainly better than Mystery  lake has been! Unusual for bleak ,wonder if it's because of the aurora being on high! 

Found  the flare gun at the lighthouse   but no shells.  Looted all the cars on the bridge as I made my way back to the cannery. Quite a few batteries which will be useful later.   Finally spotted some rabbits near the bridge so I herded some toward the cannery. I managed to get one near  to the cannery sign but couldn't get it to go in any further!  Tried several times and on my last attempt the wolves saw me and scattered . Not in the direction of the rabbits though.  I was forced to give up and I wanted to get some sleep before nightfall. I wanted to know if my white ghost was back .   This time it wasn't pure white like it had been before , it had green tints and slightly darker shading!  I needed the meat as supplies are running low ,but I wanted to see if I could provoke it first! 

Sadly it was just too erratic  for me to shoot. I slept until morning expecting it to have gone but I saw it wandering around! As soon as it spied me it was off again! Much  much later I got a hit with the flare gun hoping to annoy it but I killed it with a head shot!   Not what I was hoping for but I needed food. 

I'm now at the back room of the cannery cooking and reading up on my gunsmithing! 

It's a sad day when you can't get mauled😭 

Maybe tomorrow!😁

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

True! Wonder if I am the only one?    

Anyone? 

No? 

Oh well!!😀

Encouraging a mauling is surely unheard of. What's more worrying is that no one has really questioned your state of mind other than @Catlover, it's just accepted that you're well and truly bonkers 😜😄

White wolf's been on the loopy juice, are you going to add his beard to your coiffeured collection? 🐺

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Encouraging a mauling is surely unheard of. What's more worrying is that no one has really questioned your state of mind other than @Catlover, it's just accepted that you're well and truly bonkers 😜😄

White wolf's been on the loopy juice, are you going to add his beard to your coiffeured collection? 🐺

Well someone's got to do it! And I'm the only one crazy enough!😃   But is all for the sake of science! Kinda feel like a guinea pig actually.🤣 SQUEAK!!!! 

Funny actually, it was smoking for quite a while! Couldn't see what I was doing! Crispy wolf nibbles anyone?😃  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well someone's got to do it! And I'm the only one crazy enough!😃   But is all for the sake of science! Kinda feel like a guinea pig actually.🤣 SQUEAK!!!! 

Funny actually, it was smoking for quite a while! Couldn't see what I was doing! Crispy wolf nibbles anyone?😃  

Exactly, science is a worthy cause. Though, how can a guinea pig wield a rifle? 🤔

Crispy wolf nibbles you say? Count me in 😋 Do wolves smoke? 🐺🚬

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Exactly, science is a worthy cause. Though, how can a guinea pig wield a rifle? 🤔

Crispy wolf nibbles you say? Count me in 😋 Do wolves smoke? 🐺🚬

Just think of Gizmo with attitude!   Love that little guy! 😁

Lol! This one did! Probably needed to do something  to relax while cooped up in that  cannery! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Catlover said:

I need to look up guinea pig with rifle, knowing Google stock images, there will definitely be one there, lol! 

Haha! No doubt about it 😂 Could always try the smoking wolf, too. Maybe he could be leaning against a cave wall in the background of your guinea pig pic 😜

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Just think of Gizmo with attitude!   Love that little guy! 😁

Lol! This one did! Probably needed to do something  to relax while cooped up in that  cannery! 

Only just spotted this post. Gizmo 😻😻 Cutest little gremlin ever ☺

Edited by Matt Lomax
Typo
  • Upvote 1