This story is not yet written

Kain

It would be awesome if the Hinterland team with their great narrative and dialog wrote some filler stories for these cairns who state "this story is not yet written...". It would be fitting to give a voice to all the donors who forgot to tell their tale. Always an option to update the text if the donor ever decides to speak up. 

It would mean a lot for this survivor to read more as I journey. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have some thoughts about the Wintermute scenario:
Episode 1, "A Friend". A quest by Grey Mother.
A Grey Mother tells Mackenzie more about her past. A tens years ago Grey mother was been a teacher in the Milton's school. At one winter a Grey Mother get wery sick and an apprentice from his class was helped her so much. They became friends. 
When a Flares happens, a Grey Mother's friend is gone. All that Grey Mother knows that her friend working in forestry, living in cabin placed nearly top of the Milton map, between the church and "Highway robbery" place. Grey mother worried about something bad was happened with her friend and asks Mackenzie to go a cabin to check her friend is alive. 
When Mackenzie reaches the cabin, there's a few wolves is walking around. When Mackenzie shot a wolves or scares them away,
Mackenzie enters a cabin and find Erik Wellis, Grey Mother's friend. He wounded bad. Will and Eric talks. Erik tell that he was get a trauma on a job and lying in bed for a days. When a Flares was happened, other forestry employees taken a MRE's, water, rifle, distress pistol, ammunition and went off. Erik waited them for a night. Then he realizes that he's collegaues abandoned him, Erik tries to get out from a cabin. A wolves bite him badly. He run back to the cabin, makes a bandages from the tears of his clothes and lay down hoping the best and worrying about the Flares and a Grey mother...
Mackenzie said he don't leave Erik to die there. 

Quest requirements:
1 antiseptic
2 bandages
4 antibiotics
1 parka or some other warm clothing
1 liter of water to prevent dehydration risk
1200 kcal of food

Then Mackenzie was carried Erik to the Grey Mother's house, placed him to the bed. Mackenzie talks with Grey Mother. She thanks Mackenzie, said that now she have even more than a hope and probably stay alive for awhile. Grey Mother grants Mackenzie a [moose-hide satchel?]

Edited by Wonderland wanderer
  • Upvote 2

Episode 3, "Warm by a Heart".
Astrid talks with Father Thomas. Father Tom said:
Thank you, my child. For your efforts... 
You see, I trying to do the best I can. But I'm old one... Feeling my time is going to end. A survivors... They was came a half-freezed... This poor people... They haven't enough clothes to even get outside a Community hall... On a plane crash... I think, they had a some warm clothing in their luggage. If you can bring come clothes from a plane crash... This poor people may be a chance to survive in this dark time...

Quest requirements:
+8 celsium of clothing for every survivor
2 of sewing kits
24 of cloth

• Upvote 2

Episode 3, "A chance to survive"

Astrid talks with Father Thomas. Father Tom said:
Thank you, my child. Your deeds will be seen by The Lord! 
But a timberwolves... They... they are around us. 
If you can bring some gear to keep them away, maybe we'll have a chance to survive this winter...

Quest requirements:
1 rifle
1 revolver
10 rifle bullets
12 revolver bullets
1 firearm cleaning kit
6 marine flare

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the feedback. While supplementary content has been discussed before, we have no new updates to share at this time. We'll certainly let you know if that changes, and we appreciate all the creativity and community contributions in the meantime. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update, I'll try to keep this topic alive--I feel like it is a huge opportunity here to bring more to the survival mode lore. Would love to see it come to fruition some day.  

• Upvote 2