Suggestions for the Game

Pencil

Some ideas that I'd like to see in the future...

- New animal clothes. Another option for pants, gloves, and shoes, and a layer that goes under your coat. 

- New animals. I don't know much about animals that live in Canada, but I would enjoy a larger variety of animals around the world. 

- Unique animal skins. What I mean is how the animal looks. All of the bears and wolves look the same; I would love to see several variations of fur textures were added. Same animal, just some look different. It would be cool to see that bear you got attacked by the other day, the one with the brownish color on his face, or see that the grey and black wolf still roams outside your house. It would let you know if there are different wolves now stalking the area or the same ones. This is probably the one I want to see the most. 

- More recipes. Add a type of soup that we can create that cures cabin fever. 

That's all for now. If I have more, I'll comment them on this discussion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Puma vest? 

Wolverine hat, more durable than rabbit, cos they last about 5 minutes!

Timberwolf coat should look different to ordinary wolves. And be slightly warmer.

In other words ,yes I agree!🙂 

And soup/stew for no good reason. Cabin fever seems pointless anyway!

Edited by Leeanda

5 hours ago, Pencil said:

- New animals. I don't know much about animals that live in Canada, but I would enjoy a larger variety of animals around the world. 

Lions, Tigers and Elephants, Oh my!  
how about some flying monkeys and a yellow brick road?
🐒 🐯 🐴 🐫 🐘🐧 🐼🐩 🐮 🐎

we could pretend that a circus came to the island to entertain the prison inmates and when the event occured all the animals got loose!  

31 minutes ago, RandomPlayer said:

Lions, Tigers and Elephants, Oh my!  
how about some flying monkeys and a yellow brick road?
🐒 🐯 🐴 🐫 🐘🐧 🐼🐩 🐮 🐎

we could pretend that a circus came to the island to entertain the prison inmates and when the event occured all the animals got loose!  

You are wondering a wolf just bit you and then you see a monkey you try to run, it was too late...

- A plane crash in the region you spawned. I've said this in another discussion but I thought I might as well put it here too. It would have smoke coming from it for a couple days so you can locate it. The crash would simply be a landmark and on easier difficulties,  and would have a few supplies (not on Interloper though).

• Upvote 2

A hot water bottle just to keep you warm in your safehouse drinking hot tea, which honestly fits in the game.

An accessory overhaul (i've said it in once but seriously, you can't wear crampons on your feets because you're wearing a wool wrap for ears.) 

And lastly a more specific gear availability, basically allowing you to choose what will spawn and what will not (only for custom mode).

For example you could customize the gear availability to make it so you need to make your own tools and weapons(just like in loper) but you can find decent clothes (e.g expedition parka).

The ''Baseline resource availability'' would determinate how rare every gear will be (if the specific gear is enabled).

On 1/23/2022 at 2:58 PM, Leeanda said:

A spade so we could bury the corpses ,after they've been looted of course! 

The ability to carry wolf carcasses,  ,they can't be that heavy surely!? 🙂

There already is a shovel in the game.  It's too bad that it isn't useable in some fashion other than for decoration.  I've always wanted to bury the dead that I find in the game.  It would only be fitting that they get a proper burial and send off into the afterlife.

And kudos on carrying a wolf carcass.  Even after you quarter one of the beasts and all that is left lying there is a couple of legs, the total encumberment of the remaining parts are practically nothing.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RandomPlayer said:

There already is a shovel in the game.  It's too bad that it isn't useable in some fashion other than for decoration.  I've always wanted to bury the dead that I find in the game.  It would only be fitting that they get a proper burial and send off into the afterlife.

And kudos on carrying a wolf carcass.  Even after you quarter one of the beasts and all that is left lying there is a couple of legs, the total encumberment of the remaining parts are practically nothing.  

Been trying to remember where the shovel is and I'm coming up with nothing!🙂 

Perhaps they could turn it into a challenge?  Find the shovel ,then maybe find notes asking that certain corpses be buried with a particular item? 

And don't the wolves only have about 5lbs of meat when harvested? That's the same as one bag of bear meat and we can carry two of those !  Makes no sense to me.! 

17 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Been trying to remember where the shovel is and I'm coming up with nothing!🙂 

Perhaps they could turn it into a challenge?  Find the shovel ,then maybe find notes asking that certain corpses be buried with a particular item? 

And don't the wolves only have about 5lbs of meat when harvested? That's the same as one bag of bear meat and we can carry two of those !  Makes no sense to me.! 

I think the shovel appears somewhere in story mode as a decoration.  you can't interact with it or use it any way.  It's just background clutter, although you can spawn one into your inventory if your on PC and use the developer's console.  All you can do at that point is to drop it from your inventory and prop it up against the wall or something like that.  meh...

6 hours ago, RandomPlayer said:

I think the shovel appears somewhere in story mode as a decoration.  you can't interact with it or use it any way.  It's just background clutter, although you can spawn one into your inventory if your on PC and use the developer's console.  All you can do at that point is to drop it from your inventory and prop it up against the wall or something like that.  meh...

I've seen them here when people use mods.  If I ever do story again I'll keep an eye out for it! Thanks for the info!

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

- Hunting Traps. You can place them in the snow or under a bush and then come back a day or several days later. They can catch basically any animal. Just randomly thought of this and figured that it would be cool. Stepping on a trap will set it off on you. 

- A new Custom Mode Setting: The Old Bear. Turning this on will spawn the Old Bear in your world; you'll have to survive with him forever. Guns and bows should still be allowed but they don't hurt him; they will only scare him away. 

- Add the Old Bear's cave in Survival mode, and add a possible bear spawn in there. That would be fun. 

Just a few random ideas I thought of. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pencil said:

- Hunting Traps. You can place them in the snow or under a bush and then come back a day or several days later. They can catch basically any animal. Just randomly thought of this and figured that it would be cool. Stepping on a trap will set it off on you. 

You might wanna make some of these suggestions in the Modding thread.  Things like traps seem ideal for the modders
to make quickly available for immediate player usage

• Upvote 1