Where have the Forest Talkers gone?

hozz1235

While I may not agree with their philosophy, I do miss their presence!  It seems they were quite represented in the earlier episodes, but no so much in the latter?  I would expect them to be heavily involved in the opposition to the Blackrock mine!

Edited by hozz1235

Assuming you are talking about their missing presence in Episode 4, then I am pretty sure they gave the BlackRock Penetintiary a wide berth considering the number of armed guards who routinely patrolled and recreated in the area.  As I recall, some of the guards did a little recreational gold mining and panning in the hope of striking it rich.   Considering the Forest Talker's reputation for sabotage it would seem to me that the guards and the electricians would have made it pretty clear that they would deal harshly with anyone they found attempting to disrupt their routines by endangering their lives and or livelihood.     You can imagine that guards and power company lineman would be very suspicious of people skulking around the area. The power company also had plenty of armed workers about that probably were a little skitish and wary of their reputation so therefore the  Forest Talkers  stayed outta the area just for their own safety.  

Yeah, I mean, we get to see the remnants of their cache in the mine in survival mode; I think we can safely say that since it all fell in after the event and the utter lack of other humans in sandbox that they're long long gone by the time the survivor crashes at a random spawn point on GBI.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, stratvox said:

Yeah, I mean, we get to see the remnants of their cache in the mine in survival mode; I think we can safely say that since it all fell in after the event and the utter lack of other humans in sandbox that they're long long gone by the time the survivor crashes at a random spawn point on GBI.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my question - I wasn't actually asking where the people went, but more, evidence of their presence (such as the cache).  If I recall, in the earlier episodes, it seemed they had played a larger role than in the latter.

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my question - I wasn't actually asking where the people went, but more, evidence of their presence (such as the cache).  If I recall, in the earlier episodes, it seemed they had played a larger role than in the latter.

Yeah, there was a lot of elements from the earlier episodes that didn't seem to make it into Episode 4.  The Forest Talkers certainly didn't get to much mention considering their prominence in Episodes 2 & 3.  Lets hope that when the final episode is released that all these questions are finally answered.