Snow Shelter Questions

Blizzard Walker

I have used snow shelters in regions with few shelters, think Forlorn Muskeg.  Has anyone had any experience in terms of their effectiveness in deterring wolves and bears?

Particularly I am wondering if either can detect a character in a snow shelter.  If pursued by a wolf will it lose interest when the character enters the snow shelter?

Has anyone used a snow shelter as a means of using 3 smell bars to attract wolves into range for a bow, revolver or rifle shot?

Edited by Blizzard Walker
spelling

36 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

Never tested it against bears, but I have seen videos showing it was safe against Timberwolves. So I assume wolves in general can’t get at you, and I believe the same would go for bears.

-t

I am pretty sure I've been attacked by a garden variety wolf while inside my snow shelter.  Maybe they don't attack under all conditions, but  you're not 100% safe.

I had thought that snow shelters provided no protection against wolves and bear though I can see why timberwolves might have a problem since they do attacks en passant rather than come up to shake/bite your hand. 

Wolf and bear-proof snow shelters would invite using them to ambush bears since if the bear can't get at the character the canny character can then shoot at the bear in perfect safety.  Attractive but I don't think the devs would let that happen.