The Long Improved Rest

Morrick

screen_9f7fadbc-6f47-4f73-a89e-7bd3ccc9936a.thumb.png.c6db1a1900264832437f1067e70fb6a9.png

The other night I decided to continue an old saved game from 2019. I had triggered the save by going to bed after taking a herbal tea to induce the Improved Rest benefit. Unexpectedly, a fun, useful thing happened: the countdown for this benefit remained frozen at 18 minutes left. After another day of exploration, and being almost ready to go to sleep another time, I took this screenshot, and "Improved Rest" was still there. I slept 9 hours, woke up, saw the message "You woke up fully rested", went on with my surviving business, and at the end of another day the situation was still the same. Still an Improved Rest benefit with 18 minutes left. (No herbal teas were consumed in the meantime, naturally.)

I have of course no way to confirm for certain that during all the nights I've slept since I resumed the save the Improved Rest benefit actually kicked in, but my survivor's initial condition (45%) surely improved really quickly. After saving the game again at the end of my session, and reloading the save, however, the Improved Rest benefit disappeared. Probably a tiny bug that solved itself… I suppose it was nice 'til it lasted! :)

3 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Sounds like the title of the next game.

After that we'll get The Long Morning Grumpyness. 😄

Haha! Or, The Long Monday on Great Bear Island DLC. 😄

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

That was a potent cup of tea!

My thoughts exactly! I'm still trying to find where on Great Bear this particular herb grows... 😉