Blackrock - lack of specific objective

peteloud

9 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

I don't even bother with daisy chaining light torches anymore

I'm tired of that always being recommended like it's absolutely required. It's useful situationally, but it's certainly not something you need to do all the time. Contrary to popular belief Interloper isn't so punishing that there is only one valid playstle. It's not necessary to min/max everything.

Running too can be treated more situationally. If you literally sprint everywhere you'll be too tired too soon. The trick is expending your energy so you can do what you need to do and be reasonably tired in the evening. It's not the end of the world if you aren't tired enough either. On a routine day later in the game you don't necessarily need the full condition recovery. Running to tire yourself out works, but is again not needed at all to be successful. Some things are just personal preferences.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Serenity said:

On a routine day later in the game you don't necessarily need the full condition recovery.

I was talking about being on the move from one place to the other, like travelling from AC to BRM. On routine days I usually don't freeze that much - but when I do, yes then I run too. I just like to go hunting and such with full condition.

About the torch chaining, it has some use early in the game but once you have the mag glass I don't see any point in that either. I'd say the first 40-50 days or so are punishing and it helps to be mindful with all the resources you have, condition and temperature included, but once you get bow & arrow and some decent clothing, you can start to get wasteful and still prosper.

Guest jeffpeng

11 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

sleep for 2x 6 hours in a cave or 1x12 hours in a house.

Genuine curiosity: why 2x6 and 1x12?

11 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

And yes sometime I just run around the block before sleep just to sleep longer

I'm still in favor of them including push-ups or other tiring activities so you don't need to run in circles just so you can sleep. Or finally fix the rest-recovery system. One of those two things.

40 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

Genuine curiosity: why 2x6 and 1x12?

On interloper there are blizzards which let you freeze even when sleeping on a bedroll in full hide clothing. 2x6 minimizes the risk of loosing to much condition, should I wake up in a negative blizzard, I can still make a fire.

And yes I'd wish for a pushup mode or something similar too. Today I was in a wolf struggle and lost more than half condition while being almost completely rested. I decided to pop the first stim of this run to get to 0 so I could fully regain my condition with some herbal tea and 12h of sleep.

Edited by ChillPlayer