Level 5 cooking ability to make selfmade canned food

Strelok

There is meat. There are recycled cans. There is a oven. There is a workbench. There are tools.

Lets do our own canned food. Worst canned food, but not stinky and longer lasting then uncanned food.

I would replace the superstrong poisoning immunity from level 5 cooking by this, which makes anabiotics close to useless rather fast.

But eventually i am wrong about the anabiotics and in higher difficulties you have to eat raw meat sometimes.

What do you think?

Edited by Strelok
spelling

• Strelok changed the title to Level 5 cooking ability to make selfmade canned food
Guest jeffpeng
14 hours ago, Strelok said:

in higher difficulties you have to eat raw meat sometimes.

No? You wouldn't do that.

In fact you are quite right in your assumption that antibiotics become rather useless sooner than later. As soon as you get Cooking V you literally only need them if by some major oversight you forgot to pack Old Man's Beard and get nibbled on by a wolf or bear.

1) Antibiotics are never useless.  I haven't had it happen to me for a long time; but this morning my antiseptic didn't actually work after being bitten by a wolf.  My mistake that I failed to notice that lousy RNG roll, and went to sleep for a thankfully short time.  I woke up very low on health with an infection.  Thank the stars I had some antibiotics on me to stop/slow the drain on my health to survive the following 8 hours for the condition to clear.

2) I do like your idea though about adding in an ability to make canned foods that would eliminate the stink of carrying around cuts of cooked meat.  This could instead, perhaps, be at the expense of calories... say, the canned product only contains 50% of the calories than an equivalent weight of cooked meat does.

Antibiotics like pain killers are things that have not a whole lot of utility until circumstances demand them.  

As far as canning food goes, it ALL depends on the manner of implementation which the devs would have to decide on. 

I can see the devs allowing the other perks that were presumed i.e. longer storage time, no scent, etc. in exchange for self-canned food being an exception to the No food poisoning benefit of level 5 cooking.  You don't know how well the can's contents got cooked (% chance) and they could even impose a "super" food poisoning affliction for that.  But that latter is kind of silly.  🙂