Juuuust out of reach!

hozz1235

On 10/2/2021 at 4:17 AM, Leeanda said:

Which mine is that

CH.  Later, I did discover I could access the backpack from the other side.  I still want to cut thru bars on dead-end tunnels though!!  Imagine how much scrap we could get from those bars!

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

CH.  Later, I did discover I could access the backpack from the other side.  I still want to cut thru bars on dead-end tunnels though!!  Imagine how much scrap we could get from those bars!

Itd be even better if they weren't all dead ends!   A treasure trove of new weapons like pickaxes!

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Itd be even better if they weren't all dead ends!

If you peer into some of them, you can't see an end.  Doesn't mean they don't end just around the corner where we can't see.  But, from my personal exploration of mines, they don't put serious bars like that unless there is something to hide - why bar a shaft that only goes in 10 feet?

11 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

If you peer into some of them, you can't see an end.  Doesn't mean they don't end just around the corner where we can't see.  But, from my personal exploration of mines, they don't put serious bars like that unless there is something to hide - why bar a shaft that only goes in 10 feet?

Could be due to some of the quakes? Maybe some were barred off after minor quakes ,bound to be highly unsafe. Or perhaps they were just up to something illegal? Pity we can't get in or have the bolt cutters! They would've come in useful! It'd be good if htl opened them up though.

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

My guess is that they are there to potentially permit creating new cave systems that lead to other regions. If you look around you can find many locations like this all over the place, where a few minor touches can be used to create a transition point.

17 hours ago, stratvox said:

My guess is that they are there to potentially permit creating new cave systems that lead to other regions. If you look around you can find many locations like this all over the place, where a few minor touches can be used to create a transition point.

Perhaps, in an expansion/DLC, they will introduce dynamite and we can blast open some of those collapsed areas to open up new content.