Possible revolver location in coastal?

Leeanda

1 hour ago, Glflegolas said:

Two locations that I know of are: the mine that's only accessible during the aurora, at the counter of the Quonset Garage, and under the bed in the house on Jackrabbit Island. There's probably others but I can't think of them right now.

Thanks, already tried garage but I'll have to recheck jackrabbit! Never thought to look under the beds on both islands! 

• 1 month later...

The only revolver, in my current sandbox, I found in Coastal was in the Cinder Hills Mine AURORA annex.  It was in a backpack down one of the tunnels from the elevator area.  I also found a rather decent condition rifle next to a body down there. 

I believe I found a rifle in poor condition while out and about in Coastal but forget where I found it. 

19 minutes ago, UTC-10 said:

The only revolver, in my current sandbox, I found in Coastal was in the Cinder Hills Mine AURORA annex.  It was in a backpack down one of the tunnels from the elevator area.  I also found a rather decent condition rifle next to a body down there. 

I believe I found a rifle in poor condition while out and about in Coastal but forget where I found it. 

Thanks haven't had a chance to get in the mine yet on this run but I'll check it out!

Depending on your temperament, you might want to prepare very well (if cabin fever would be a factor that kind of limits how much preparation you should do) and/or be prepared to scum the effort and either give up on it or try again.  

I went in prepared for up to 15-20 days and willing to scum it because I can't stand losing in that fashion.  I got all my searching done on the first day after entry then settled down for a potential long wait, as aurora events tended to be infrequent, when the mine lit up that night and I got out with all my loot.  

I did notice, FYI, that when it is daylight outside, even though it is dark inside the mine level (maybe can make out some outlines), you can use a hacksaw to cut up shelving and read the Advanced Guns Guns Guns magazine (that I found and I knew I could read).  I would assume but didn't test that one could mend clothes in the dark as well.  Hopefully that is a feature not a bug so the devs don't come around and spoil the show.  😉

24 minutes ago, UTC-10 said:

Depending on your temperament, you might want to prepare very well (if cabin fever would be a factor that kind of limits how much preparation you should do) and/or be prepared to scum the effort and either give up on it or try again.  

I went in prepared for up to 15-20 days and willing to scum it because I can't stand losing in that fashion.  I got all my searching done on the first day after entry then settled down for a potential long wait, as aurora events tended to be infrequent, when the mine lit up that night and I got out with all my loot.  

I did notice, FYI, that when it is daylight outside, even though it is dark inside the mine level (maybe can make out some outlines), you can use a hacksaw to cut up shelving and read the Advanced Guns Guns Guns magazine (that I found and I knew I could read).  I would assume but didn't test that one could mend clothes in the dark as well.  Hopefully that is a feature not a bug so the devs don't come around and spoil the show.  😉

I did go in on my last run making sure I had plenty of food and water. I just dumped lots of cooked fish in the elevator so it'd come down with me. Got worried when I got to the bottom cos it disappeared temporarily!  

Luckily I didn't need any of it anyway but I spent quite a while dragging it all back out again! 

I have read in the mines before , standing near the entrance not further in. Usually to avoid the blizzards!  It does sound like it's a feature ,I've been reading in there for some time!.

1 hour ago, UTC-10 said:

When I go for my "break down everything" personal objective after I've looted the world, I gather up all the coffee, birch bark tea, energy drinks, and stims I've managed to scrape together. If CF kicks in and I can no longer rest to recover condition, once exhaustion knocks my condition down to around 50% I will start using coffee (halt the exhaustion damage) and drink birch tea to recover. Energy drinks if I run out of coffee, then those stims would be my last resort to recover condition. Coming prepared like that, I've never died down there!

Oh and if you want to pass time while afflicted with CF, just harvest your boots and cancel before it's complete. You'll pass about an hour.

• Upvote 3