Befriend a deer?

FreeSTONE

Hmm, not sure what I did wrong. How can you befriend a deer? Even in real life, you probably can make him not be afraid of you, but I doubt he will get 'domesticated' and carry wood for you. A horse yes, but not deer. Besides, Astrid and Will are far from trainers. It's bad enough they can do fine leather making like someone has mentioned not long ago..😊

• 4 weeks later...

What for? And it is so clear where the animals rub the skin. And if you don't know, go out and look for them. Then come back, they will not leave from there. If you are afraid of wolves, carry a torch, if you are afraid of bears, do not go out and starve to death. It's a little rough, but still the game is not about an easy way out.

On 8/19/2021 at 4:34 AM, Stinky socks said:

Hmm, not sure what I did wrong. How can you befriend a deer? Even in real life, you probably can make him not be afraid of you, but I doubt he will get 'domesticated' and carry wood for you. A horse yes, but not deer. Besides, Astrid and Will are far from trainers. It's bad enough they can do fine leather making like someone has mentioned not long ago..😊

From myself, I want to add that the horse also does not want to carry your firewood, you force it, and it sees no other way out, because if it follows you, you will let it eat.)))

11 minutes ago, k0s0ff said:

From myself, I want to add that the horse also does not want to carry your firewood, you force it, and it sees no other way out, because if it follows you, you will let it eat.)))

Gosh!! Why did you have to put it this way, dear Sir?!! That's awful! Omg I have never seen it this way! That poor creature being forced into heavy labour?💔😥I think my tranquility is scarred with sorrow! This is animal abuse! Whenever I see a horse or think of a horse, I have this image in my head now of a helpless poor soul that has no other way out, but to obey the master! There is no other way, survival is a mere balance of the scales. To subdue your free living soul and live or to die in horrible hunger?

😥

The pain!! Desperation! What am I? A mere glimpse on the timeline of eternity! 

I'm sorry, I think i need a moment alone.

4 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

I'm sorry, I think i need a moment alone.

In addition, Mackenzie always says when he is hungry that he wants to eat a horse. I assure you, it will be unpleasant for the horse....

6 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

Gosh!! Why did you have to put it this way, dear Sir?!! That's awful! Omg I have never seen it this way! That poor creature being forced into heavy labour?💔😥I think my tranquility is scarred with sorrow! This is animal abuse! Whenever I see a horse or think of a horse, I have this image in my head now of a helpless poor soul that has no other way out, but to obey the master! There is no other way, survival is a mere balance of the scales. To subdue your free living soul and live or to die in horrible hunger?

In general, probably not everything is so bad. They somehow lived without a person.

10 hours ago, k0s0ff said:

What for? And it is so clear where the animals rub the skin. And if you don't know, go out and look for them. Then come back, they will not leave from there. If you are afraid of wolves, carry a torch, if you are afraid of bears, do not go out and starve to death. It's a little rough, but still the game is not about an easy way out.

While true it is a very bleak outlook! Humans have enslaved everything over millennia including each other! As we grow we learn that this is wrong! And so we can now try to rectify what our ancestors have taught us! It takes nothing but compassion and understanding and we are also learning that too! There is always a positive to the negative! 

And I can only hope that in this day and age every animal is fed even if it does refuse to work!   If our dogs and cats didn't want to be with us they would quite happily munch on us, but they don't!

(This has been edited several times already but I hope you get my point?)

Edited by Leeanda

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

(This has been edited several times already but I hope you get my point?)

Yes, I understand, a great idea.

But I want to tell you about one film. It showed what would happen to the world if all people disappeared one day. The film showed how the world that we are used to seeing around us is collapsing. Nature was gradually taking over everything around and everything.

And the saddest moment is that very few pets were able to adapt to a world without a person. There was a very beautiful white cat that was left locked in the apartment. I think it's clear what happened to him.

I mean all this to the fact that the game has the most sad influence for me. After all, if we give free rein to fantasy, it becomes clear what is happening around us while we are trying in vain attempts to survive.

P.S.

Sorry for the translation.

1 hour ago, k0s0ff said:

Yes, I understand, a great idea.

But I want to tell you about one film. It showed what would happen to the world if all people disappeared one day. The film showed how the world that we are used to seeing around us is collapsing. Nature was gradually taking over everything around and everything.

And the saddest moment is that very few pets were able to adapt to a world without a person. There was a very beautiful white cat that was left locked in the apartment. I think it's clear what happened to him.

I mean all this to the fact that the game has the most sad influence for me. After all, if we give free rein to fantasy, it becomes clear what is happening around us while we are trying in vain attempts to survive.

P.S.

Sorry for the translation.

I understand that perfectly!  Perhaps we should be teaching animals how to fend for themselves!? Unfortunately if we are disappearing they too face the same thing!  Sad as it is everything ends sometime! Regardless of what we do or don't do, the best we can do is try to save it as long as possible! Things are only hopeless if we stop hoping! 

This game obviously has important messages in it but thinking that it's not preventable is a sad thing ! I for one hope we can overcome the problems that are threatening us and the planet!

We can only do the best we can ,but it's better than doing nothing whatever the end result! 

This has gone so far off topic so my apologies to all!  Please forgive me if this is rubbish! I'm not sleeping well and my brain is fried!☺️

Edited by Leeanda

12 hours ago, Leeanda said:

This has gone so far off topic so my apologies to all!  Please forgive me if this is rubbish! I'm not sleeping well and my brain is fried!☺️

Hey, friend. you just need to drink a cup of sleepy tea.)

There is an idea. I warn you right away that it is not mine. We need to combine these two topics. Something may come out of this.

Maybe at the end of the series, Will and Astrid can move into one of the houses, corral some deer and start a deer milk company 😂.

In time, it can also turn into a tourist destination to revitalise the region's economy. 😂🤣

Back to the topic - I actually think the idea of a semi "domesticated" deer in the game is not a terrible one. Not quite a pet as such, but perhaps some level of familiarity with the player. Just a basic sort of thing. Perhaps as a mod to start out with. After all, it's a game.

Edited by yogi