Bad cartridges? What bad cartridges?

straffin

7 hours ago, straffin said:

Got to Bleak Inlet with Level 3 Gunsmithing (thanks to "book learnin'") and a WHOLE LOT of scrap lead...
bullets.png.0189d35f589e84fb661d0d112567107a.png

A WHOLE BUNCH of bullets later, I started crafting cartridges at Level 5. 😄 

Lol! Yes that gunsmithing goes up very very quickly even if you only make a few bullets!

First time I went to bleak inlet, I started picking up batteries and soon realized I need to harvest them, otherwise they are quite heavy, just like in real life😁

Using just harvested lead in bleak inlet alone let me build up my gunsmitting level to 4 while creating bullets. I think you also get leveled up when you make gun powder. 

That game part alone made me feel great about my achievement!

• Like 1

Reading all the practical gunsmithing books you can find, then bringing as many lead plates (and the other components) to the ammunition workbench then making bullets is the way to go.  At least the workbench furnace only has to be working (no required minimum temperature) to be used to cast bullets (1 hour per plate to get six bullets).  Perhaps the biggest limitation of that furnace is that it can only be used for casting bullets.  No making water. No cooking food.  At least one can take a torch from it to light the nearby fire barrel for cooking purposes. 

• Like 1