thermos flask - again?

nointerleaving

Guest jeffpeng
On 6/6/2021 at 6:22 PM, nointerleaving said:

Was the suggestion or request rejected at the time when other users asked for it?

Suggestions do not get rejected or accepted here. They are more or less thrown in for consideration, that's kinda it. That being said while there rarely is direct feedback, it is quite evident that *someone* is reading these forums quite meticulously.

Alright thermos flask they should be a rare item that can hold hot beverages or foods like soup.

It should keep its temperature for a couple days 

It should be a rare find

Perhaps you could upgraded with bunny skin you keep its temperature going longer and have a little bit more use for rabbits 

Perhaps theirs is really really rare spawn for a bigger more advanced flask that keeps food and drinks hot for an entire week and can hold more 

This could save lives in snowstorms and it would make tea and soups more useful when you cook them.

Most of my camps I have to travel far away to do work so by the time my character is at where he needs to be the bonus effect has already worn off.

At the very end what can you put into it all tea's, coffees and soups and anything else that can be heated up for the warm bonus effect

They should be found in bunkers and houses/cabins in my opinion

Guest jeffpeng

In all honesty this thing would be halla op. Having this thing would improve your survival chances tenfold, and having it a rare find would mean that if your game is viable hinges on some random chance. Not a fan. If this gets introduced at all it needs to be in a way it works with the backpack in Ash Canyon: as a reward for a hard task (getting there is hard), but in a way that it is achievable in every run.

• 2 weeks later...

The thermos and indeed some sort of fire-carrier both work directly against key game mechanics - limits/risks presented by keeping warm. So yeah, as the esteemed @jeffpeng says, could be hugely OP.

I like the idea of both, although the suggestion of a thermos that keeps things warm for days is just unrealistic.

For a thermos, I think a good/simple and not OP'd option would be this:

If you have 1.5kg thermos in your inventory, hot drinks stay warm twice as long.

And you can make it rare - you could even make it an Interloper only item ;O)

• Upvote 1

I dont even need a warmth duration bonus from the thermos I literally just want a way to reduce clutter in the UI. If I could fill a thermos up with up to 10 teas and heat them all up at once that would be amazing. 

The problem is didnt they heavily nerf crafting teas so that they dry up if you leave them next to a fire? If you could just heat them all up in the thermos without that risk then the thermos would be worth it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well my 1 kg thermos at home can keep my tea hot for over 12 hours. So when I brew it during the evening I can drink hot tea as soon as I wake up. That would be a great way to start your day in TLD. 

For the game balance, make it 2kg thermos plus the liquid weight, so it would  be a poor decision to carry it everywhere. That would prevent this form being  OP.