Greetings from Wonderland! :)

Hello world! :)

My name is Anthony. I'm less IT geek but more dreamer, writer of strange music and explorer of the outer worlds. I see a games as yet other form of art, like essay, story, music, theatre... And as a place where I can go from endless circuit of the ordinary days, full of phone calls, deployment, maintenance, etc..

October 2016. While looking for something new to explore, I've accidentally found The Long Dark on the torrent tracker. I like a nature games, like walking in the wilderness, hunting, fishing. A games, where no politics, money, wars... So I downloaded The Long Dark and tried to play it. I've been excited by The Long Dark's atmosphere, "hand-drawn" graphics, sounds! But i really bad survivor, who can be lost among three trees :) After a lot of times I died, I deleted a game and forgot about it...

But I can't. While exploring, at the one night I go out of a cabin and see the Lights! A lanterns sparks! A beautiful sky! Mysterious nature's song! When I returns to the cabin, I've seen a radio blinking. I turned on a radio and heared a "Music from past of the times". This really inspired my mind, imagination :) So, In december of 2019, I have return to The Long Dark in the dream. Again, I've seen the Lights, a sparks, heared a sky singing! At the next day I woke up and think "May be make a journey to The Long Dark again?". That's it. Then I try a Story mode and very inspired by it! Story, scenes, music, performance, hand-drawn art... Beautiful! So, I bought a Steam version of The Long Dark and ready to buy an Episode 4 and 5 and I hope, that will not be the end. So many stories can be told!...

April 2020 the. COVID-19 quarantine has come. Remote work, no need to waste a time to the road to office and back. I've been walked through a Story mode an endless times... Suddenly I discover that The Long Dark brings calm, tranquility to my anxious soul. Like a music of Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven. Like a good old story books...

I say big thanks to Raphael van Lierop and all of the Hinterland Studio team! You created a masterpiece!

Edited by Wonderland wanderer
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Wonderland wanderer said:

Hello world! :)

My name is Anthony. I'm less IT geek but more dreamer, writer of strange music and explorer of the outer worlds. I see a games as yet other form of art, like essay, story, music, theatre... And as a place where I can go from endless circuit of the ordinary days, full of phone calls, deployment, maintenance, etc..

October 2016. While looking for something new to explore, I've accidentally found The Long Dark on the torrent tracker. I like a nature games, like walking in the wilderness, hunting, fishing. A games, where no politics, money, wars... So I downloaded The Long Dark and tried to play it. I've been excited by The Long Dark's atmosphere, "hand-drawn" graphics, sounds! But i really bad survivor, who can be lost among three trees :) After a lot of times I died, I deleted a game and forgot about it...

But I can't. While exploring, at the one night I go out of a cabin and see the Lights! A lanterns sparks! A beautiful sky! Mysterious nature's song! When I returns to the cabin, I've seen a radio blinking. I turned on a radio and heared a "Music from past of the times". This really inspired my mind, imagination :) So, In december of 2019, I have return to The Long Dark in the dream. Again, I've seen the Lights, a sparks, heared a sky singing! At the next day I woke up and think "May be make a journey to The Long Dark again?". That's it. Then I try a Story mode and very inspired by it! Story, scenes, music, performance, hand-drawn art... Beautiful! So, I bought a Steam version of The Long Dark and ready to buy an Episode 4 and 5 and I hope, that will not be the end. So many stories can be told!...

April 2020 the. COVID-19 quarantine has come. Remote work, no need to waste a time to the road to office and back. I've been walked through a Story mode an endless times... Suddenly I discover that The Long Dark brings calm, tranquility to my anxious soul. Like a music of Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven. Like a good old story books...

I say big thanks to Raphael van Lierop and all of the Hinterland Studio team! You created a masterpiece!

Hi, Anthony. Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...