Pea coats vs Parkas (short term)

starlin

So right I just found an expedition parka on Voyager mode, and I'm having trouble deciding what I should pair it with.   So I have 2 Pea coats, 1 Military Coat, and a Simple Parka on hand.  

If I go with the parka (inside), I can cut the weight, but gets a bit inconvenient to walk to places to get heavier armor when I wanna go into wolf territory.  On the other hand, having the Peacoat on hand lets me change it to the outer layer when I expect trouble.  But the expedition parka is already pretty strong on most fronts, so its like 80% of a peacoat but warmer... so do I even need 1% more protection?

The only reason this is even a debate is that I get attacked a lot, even on the easier setting.  And now I'm trying to practice with the survival bow, which making things even riskier.

IME the pea coat takes more of a beating than the expedition parka; it survives wildlife attacks better. I suspect it has more "hit points" than the parka does... assuming that amount of damage is a real thing during animal attacks (i.e. I don't actually know what the internal mechanic of the game for dealing with clothing damage is).

Theres an armor value that reduces the damage if that part is whats hit.  But its only active on the outer most layer.  I don't know if player condition and item condition take the same amount of damage in struggle.  Never been able to find a good answer about that. 

Pea coat and military jacket together are a great defensive combo but do come with weight and mobility restrictions. Personally I think that either are the second best outerwear you can get but I don’t use them together. Pants, gloves and shoes also add a significant amount of def so you don’t need to put it all in the coat. 1% won’t be a significant difference.  

A few tips, rabbits are great for bow practice and upping arch skill (rabbit fur hats/gloves offer great warmth and defense), making arrows ups arch skill (if you make 20 arrows you will gain about 2 skill levels w/o having to use your bow), once you aim at a charging wolf it will juke left or right so back up as you aim and allow it to get close so you headshot it. A charging wolf will still charge if hit in the body but if you fight it off with a axe you will take only a little damage and the wolf will die. And lastly, carry enough bandages and antiseptic because learning to kill wolves with a bow will be quite damaging (unless you make good use of the terrain).