The next level of difficulty after Interloper

twosheds

Hello I am from Russia. I love your game very much. I don’t speak English, so I’m sorry, if there’s something I don’t understand.
Now to the point. As the name of the topic suggests, I would like to know if you have plans for the next level of difficulty, after Interloper, where it will be much colder, both indoors (!), So that they have to be heated, and outside?
Thank you for your work, I love your team very much, health to you and your loved ones.

• Upvote 2

I think right now the option is to use the custom mode to make things much harder. You can even making it nighttime all the time now (very difficult on interloper settings if you don't have a light source. Makes it almost impossible to loot the buildings)

I haven't heard of them making a hard standard difficulty though

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 3:44 PM, twosheds said:

where it will be much colder, both indoors (!)

I thought Interloper was already cold enough that you had to heat indoors. Have I heard incorrectly?

In any case, Custom is what you're looking for if you don't find Interloper challenging enough.

9 hours ago, straffin said:

I thought Interloper was already cold enough that you had to heat indoors. Have I heard incorrectly?

In any case, Custom is what you're looking for if you don't find Interloper challenging enough.

You don't have to heat indoors (except rarely at the very beginning when you have no clothes, but even then the beds usually are enough by themselves), because the indoor temps remain unrealisticly always the same and just barely below freezing even on Loper. In any

As for the question, since As the Dead Sleep exists, I still consider Deadman as the 5th official difficulty setting... it should be anyway, it's worth it and is fairly widely loved by the community. Interloper will feel somewhat easy after it

Edited by Mistral

I would rather see them extend the current options in custom mode (which is, IMO, an official "difficulty" mode of the game since the options are offered by the devs, not through player-made mods).  They could ad a "Very High" setting to the "World Gets colder Over Time"   Currently, the player can get the weather to be a little more brutal than the current interloper settings by increasing the "Wind Variability" setting from "Medium" to "High" (one notch above the current interloper setting) and set the game to Endless Night.

I don't think the beef should be with the temperatures though... clearly the clothing buff given by the bear skin coat and bedroll is more the issue that takes the "teeth" out of the weather in the later interloper game.  If players want to suffer the cold more, they can simply refrain from running around the game in double bearskin coats rather than asking the devs to make the weather colder... which would then likely be followed by a request for a warmer coat item to be put in the game to counter that cold... setting off a vicious circle... along with a whole new slew of posts about how the game lacks realism.

They could, for roleplay, also add an option the disallows the player from  climbing into a bed fully dressed... compelling them to at least take off their boots, gloved, toques, and overcoats... although the serious player can make this sort of a thing a habit on their own.  It does make a fire more necessary to stay warm throughout the night indoors.

ETA:  No one would say that customizing one's character in an RPG by assigning the offered skill points at the beginning of the game differently would suddenly make that playthrough of "unofficial" difficulty, even though the playthrough can be made much easier or more difficult depending on where those points are placed.  The only difference with TLD is we can't adjust the character's profile, so we're given a set of parameters we can adjust regarding the environment.  IMO, both are equally "official" ways of playing games.

Edited by UpUpAway95